Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
FLOODS: Flood warning issued for the River Avon at Evesham
A FLOOD warning has been issued for the River Avon at Evesham.
The Environment Agency issued the warning this evening, predicting a peak of between 2.8m and 3.0m tonight.
Flood warnings advising residents to take immediate action have also been issued for:
• The River Avon at Evesham, Bredon and Strensham, expected to peak overnight.
• The River Severn at the Diglis area of Worcester, expected to peak on Thursday afternoon. Hood Street and Quay Street are expected to be affected.
• The River Avon at Pershore, Wick and Wyre Piddle, expected to peak overnight.
Flood alerts warning of the possibility of flooding have been issued for:
• The River Severn from Salford Priors to Tewkesbury, encompassing Evesham and Bredon, expected to peak overnight and tomorrow morning. Low-lying areas of farmland and caravan parks between Evesham and Tewkesbury as well as the B4080 at Eckington.
• Barbourne Brook in Worcester, which peaked this morning.
• The River Severn at Bewdley and Kempsey, expected to peak on Thursday morning. Low-lying areas around Upton could also be affected.
For full details of flood warnings issued by the Environment Agency click here.
Comments are closed on this article.