Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Tolladine Road reopens after airing cupboard fire
A MAJOR Worcester road has now reopened following a fire in an airing cupboard but things could have been much worse if the property had not had a smoke alarm.
Fire fighters were called to Tolladine Road in Worcester at 7am today after an electrical fault caused the fire.
Fire fighters used a hose reel to dampen down clothes outside the bungalow. At the peak of the incident there were three fire engines and an ambulance although no-one needed hospital treatment.
A fan was used to clear smoke. One lane of the road was closed while the fire was brought under control with a fire fighter directing traffic. The stop message was received at 7.50am.
Jim Nokes, crew commander at blue watch, said: "The smoke alarms went off. That saved the day. I would recommend that everybody check their smoke alarms.
Comments are closed on this article.