Nunnery Wood High School – Worcester
Ofsted Rating: 2 (Good)
Share this school's profile:
Mr Stephen Powell's message
Mr Stephen Powell: Head Teacher
I am extremely proud to introduce Nunnery Wood High School to you. We are a thriving educational community which buzzes with academic, sporting and artistic activity. As such, this website can only offer you a glimpse of what our happy students experience on a daily basis.
Our excellent examination results arise from a calm, friendly environment and first class teaching. We know and care about each student individually. In our most recent survey, 99% of our parents would recommend Nunnery Wood to other parents and 99% say their child feels happy and safe. Our students go on to fulfil their potential, whether that is university, Oxbridge or a vocational profession.
At Nunnery Wood, we share an irresistible belief that each child will succeed. I hope that this site encourages you to join us in making this happen.
What We Do?
We take students from all backgrounds and offer them a world of opportunity through dynamic teaching, enrichment and care. Students leave Nunnery Wood optimistic about their next level of education and equipped with the values and qualities to thrive.
What We Offer Our Students
• Traditional absolutes in terms of politeness, behaviour and an appreciation of hard-work.
• A school they enjoy attending, where care and respect underpin everything.
• Development in reasoning, knowledge and expression at all levels of achievement.
• Excitement, fun and wonder through teaching and enrichment.
• A culture of reward that gives meaning to school life.
• Opportunities to explore the world artistically, culturally and physically.
• A curriculum that develops ability and talent.
• Guidance in making good moral choices.
How We Achieve This
• Knowing our students: data, student voice, high level observation skills.
• Simple but rigorous systems to monitor and assess.
• Constant staff training that draws on our internal research and best national practice.
• Leadership that promotes and celebrates our values through a range of platforms.
• A determination that our students will achieve beyond national expectations.
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills. We inspect and regulate services that care for children and young people, and services providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
Includes students who are at the end of 16-18 study and have been entered at
least one A-level. Students can study a mix of qualifications, and may be also
included in the academic or vocational performance measures.
Includes students who are the end of 16-18 study and have been entered at
least one A-level or an International Baccalaureate, Pre-U or AQA Baccalaureate
qualification. Students can also study a mix of qualifications, and may be also
included in the A-Level or vocational performance measures.
ISI is an independent government-approved body which provides objective inspections to safeguard the quality and effectiveness of the education
care and welfare of children in schools. ISI is not an arm of the government but an independent not-for-profit inspectorate.