Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Man and cat rescued from Droitwich flat fire
A MAN was taken to hospital with slight burns to his hands after a fire broke out in a Droitwich flat overnight.
A cat was also rescued from the property.
Two fire crews were called to tackle the blaze in the bedroom of a first floor flat in Thatchers Green, Droitwich, at 4.34am.
On their arrival they called an ambulance for the man who had burns to his hands and had suffered smoke inhalation and he was taken to hospital.
The firefighters extinguished the blaze and left the area around 6.15am.