Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Tumble drier fire at Worcester home
A FIRE in a domestic garage was sparked by a tumble drier.
The blaze destroyed the appliance and damaged items stored in the domestic garage after smoke was spotted at about 3.15pm yesterday.
Firefighters in breathing gear used a water hose to tackle the fire at a house in Longfellow Road in the Blanquettes Road area of Worcester, and put it out in short order.
Nobody was hurt, but the blaze prompted Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service to issue advice to owners of tumble driers.
A fire service spokeswoman said the advice for people was to use “washing machines and dishwashers when they are in at home rather than putting them on when they leave the house or go to bed at night.
“This incident illustrates the importance of this advice, and this fire certainly had the potential to escalate if it had not been spotted when it was.”
Tumble driers, which generate a lot of heat, should be kept in tidy and well-ventilated areas.
- The fire came a day after a tumble drier set alight at the King’s Head pub in Sidbury on Sunday.
Comments are closed on this article.