Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
House fire near Pershore
11:11am Monday 7th January 2013 in News
AN electrical fault is believed to have caused a fire at an empty house near Pershore yesterday morning.
Firefighters were initially told their was a possibility of people inside the house in Timber Down at Wick.
One fire engine from Pershore and two from Evesham were sent to the property at 3.20am.
Western Power also attended.
Firefighters in breathing apparatus used one hose reel and one powder extinguisher to put out the fire which involved the external electricity supply to the house.
They also used positive pressure ventilation equipment to clear the smoke from the property.
Station commander Adrian Moore from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that the house was unoccupied at the time and there were no injuries.
He said: “The external electricity box and meters were destroyed in the blaze and the fire had spread through a cavity wall into the roof space, causing slight damage to the roof.”