Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Fire in Dove Close, Worcester, started as result of electrical fault says investigators
A FIRE in a Worcester house that left a man needing treatment for the effects of smoke inhalation started accidentally.
An investigation into the severe blaze at the property in Dove Close, Ronkswood, shortly before 1.30pm yesterday, was carried out by Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service and revealed the most likely cause was an electrical fault.
The man was treated at the scene by paramedics from the West Midlands Ambulance Service but was not taken to hospital.
Three crews from Worcester Fire Station attended the scene and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the house and used two hose reels to extinguish the fire which began on the ground floor and had quickly spread to the first floor.
Fire crews remained at the property for the rest of the afternoon securing the site and visited neighbouring properties to talk to residents about fire safety in the home.