Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Boiler fire in Worcester
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a home in Midland Road after a boiler set alight.
Three appliances from the Worcester station attended the scene near Wylds Lane shortly after 2.40pm today.
The fire involved a central heating boiler in the kitchen of an end of terrace property.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using thermal imaging equipment conducted a search of the home after not all of the occupants could be found, but everyone was accounted for soon after.
Crews then used two hose reels and two covering jets to extinguish the fire.
There were no injuries and damage was largely confined to the kitchen where the fire broke out.
Police also attended and there was some traffic congestion in the area while crews tackled the blaze.
Gas and electrics at the property were isolated before crews left the scene at 3.15pm.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Comments are closed on this article.