Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Woman and baby treated for smoke inhalation after car fire in Littleworth
A YOUNG mother and her baby were treated for smoke inhalation after a car fire this morning.
The woman, who is in her 20s, and her child were taken to Worcestershire Royal Hospital following the incident in St James Close, Littleworth, near Worcester.
One fire crew from Worcester attended at about 6.57am and used two hose reel jets to extinguished the flames, which are believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
A spokesman for Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said the woman and child were caught in the smoke when her husband opened the door of the car.