Bungalow fire in Rock, near Bewdley

Worcester News: Bungalow fire in Bewdley Bungalow fire in Bewdley

A MAN needed treatment after trying to extinguish a fire in a bungalow on Saturday evening.

A bedroom was completely destroyed while the rest of the property had severe heat and smoke damage following the blaze in Heightington Road in Rock, near Bewdley.

The man had suffered smoke inhalation as he tackled the fire which was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Two crews from Kidderminster as well as crews from Stourport and Bewdley were called to the blaze at just before 6pm.

Six firefighters in breathing apparatus used three hose reels and jets.

Watch commander Len Rees, from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said: “This fire caused extensive damage throughout the entire property and one of the occupants also needed treatment for smoke inhalation after trying to extinguish the fire himself.”

He urged anyone discovering a fire in their home or workplace to get out of the property and call 999 rather than putting themselves at risk by attempting to tackle the fire themselves.

There were no working smoke alarms in the property and WC Rees also reminded people to ensure they have a smoke alarm fitted on every level of their home and to test each alarm on a regular basis.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree