Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Major police operation in Herefordshire update - 20 arrests made
A TOTAL of 20 people were arrested yesterday as part of a major police operation that took place in Herefordshire.
Around 120 officers executed 32 warrants in all parts of the county as part of Operation Wingspan, which is aimed at disrupting criminal activity.
The first raids took place in Gloucestershire where three men were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm in connection with a serious assault that took place at the Broadleys pub in Hereford in June.
A total of 41 cannabis plants and two firearms were seized at one of the addresses.
The three arrested men have all been released on police bail while inquiries continue, while another man was later arrested in connection with the same assault.
A man in his 50s, who was arrested in Fownhope, has been charged with allowing an address to be used for smoking a controlled drug.
He was released on bail and is due to appear before Hereford Magistrates Court next month.
Other arrests that took place yesterday include.
• A man arrested in Redmarley, Gloucestershire, who has been charged with a burglary at McColls in Bromyard in August. He was due before Hereford Magistrates Court today.
• Two men arrested at The Clockhouse, Leominster.
One of the men has been charged on suspicion of possessing cannabis and has been released on police bail, while the other man has been released on bail.
• Four men arrested in Ledbury Road, Hereford - two on suspicion of possessing class B drugs, another for allowing a premises to be used for drugs and a fourth for possession of cannabis.
The first three have been released on police bail, while the fourth received a caution.
• Two men and a woman arrested in Old Market Close, Ross-on-Wye.
The man has been released on police bail in connection with possessing class B drugs, while the woman has been bailed in relation to owning a dangerous dog.
• A man arrested in Millcroft Road, Bodenham.
He received a caution for possessing amphetamine.
• A man arrested in Hinton Crescent, Hereford.
He received a caution for possessing class B drugs.
• A woman arrested in Rogers Avenue, Hereford.
She was given a warning for possessing cannabis.
• A man arrested in Foley Street, Hereford.
He has been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of intent to supply class A drugs.
• A man arrested in Albert Road, Ledbury.
He is currently in police custody awaiting interview after being arrested on suspicion intent to supply cannabis.