Tree crashes down onto road at Kempsey, near Worcester. Powerlines also affected

Worcester News: DOWN: The tree lies across the road in Kempsey, near Worcester DOWN: The tree lies across the road in Kempsey, near Worcester

WINDS brought down a tree across the main road at Kempsey, near Worcester, this morning.

Nearby powerlines outside the Lawns nursing home were also damaged. It is not known if electricity supplies were affected.

Police were directing traffic around the fallen tree this morning.

More details later.

Comments (10)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:59am Thu 5 Dec 13

Audi Driver says...

Tree fel across the road???? more like on the side of it. And this is BREAKING NEWS????
Tree fel across the road???? more like on the side of it. And this is BREAKING NEWS???? Audi Driver

11:05am Thu 5 Dec 13

nevermindeh says...

Now the First buses have a God sent excuse for always being late!
Now the First buses have a God sent excuse for always being late! nevermindeh

11:11am Thu 5 Dec 13

DanMacc says...

Thats The Lawns nursing home, my mum works there. Can you please check she is ok for me???
Thats The Lawns nursing home, my mum works there. Can you please check she is ok for me??? DanMacc

11:43am Thu 5 Dec 13

Arthur Blenkinsop says...

I hope the postman had already gone through, otherwise the mail will be as late as the busses!
I hope the postman had already gone through, otherwise the mail will be as late as the busses! Arthur Blenkinsop

11:52am Thu 5 Dec 13

nevermindeh says...

Arthur Blenkinsop wrote:
I hope the postman had already gone through, otherwise the mail will be as late as the busses!
Know where you're coming from,but,the postman delivers on "shanks pony" and does,at least,turn up.
[quote][p][bold]Arthur Blenkinsop[/bold] wrote: I hope the postman had already gone through, otherwise the mail will be as late as the busses![/p][/quote]Know where you're coming from,but,the postman delivers on "shanks pony" and does,at least,turn up. nevermindeh

1:53pm Thu 5 Dec 13

Dagnasty says...

Why did our Worcester News fail to remind us to BRACE ourselves? I'm praying for the brave people of Kempsey.
Why did our Worcester News fail to remind us to BRACE ourselves? I'm praying for the brave people of Kempsey. Dagnasty

2:22pm Thu 5 Dec 13

Arthur Blenkinsop says...

nevermindeh wrote:
Arthur Blenkinsop wrote: I hope the postman had already gone through, otherwise the mail will be as late as the busses!
Know where you're coming from,but,the postman delivers on "shanks pony" and does,at least,turn up.
He's lucky to have survived, what with all that tree flying about!
[quote][p][bold]nevermindeh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Arthur Blenkinsop[/bold] wrote: I hope the postman had already gone through, otherwise the mail will be as late as the busses![/p][/quote]Know where you're coming from,but,the postman delivers on "shanks pony" and does,at least,turn up.[/p][/quote]He's lucky to have survived, what with all that tree flying about! Arthur Blenkinsop

8:19pm Thu 5 Dec 13

CJH says...

Audi Driver wrote:
Tree fel across the road???? more like on the side of it. And this is BREAKING NEWS????
It brought down power lines as well. I certainly want to know about it if I lived nearby. And I would expect the police to be there to ensure no-one touched the live cables.
[quote][p][bold]Audi Driver[/bold] wrote: Tree fel across the road???? more like on the side of it. And this is BREAKING NEWS????[/p][/quote]It brought down power lines as well. I certainly want to know about it if I lived nearby. And I would expect the police to be there to ensure no-one touched the live cables. CJH

11:55am Fri 6 Dec 13

Audi Driver says...

CJH wrote:
Audi Driver wrote:
Tree fel across the road???? more like on the side of it. And this is BREAKING NEWS????
It brought down power lines as well. I certainly want to know about it if I lived nearby. And I would expect the police to be there to ensure no-one touched the live cables.
The article only said, the powerlines were damaged, not brought down... nor did they know if the electricity supplies were affected.
Please read the story before commenting. I know the article was extremely "long"
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Audi Driver[/bold] wrote: Tree fel across the road???? more like on the side of it. And this is BREAKING NEWS????[/p][/quote]It brought down power lines as well. I certainly want to know about it if I lived nearby. And I would expect the police to be there to ensure no-one touched the live cables.[/p][/quote]The article only said, the powerlines were damaged, not brought down... nor did they know if the electricity supplies were affected. Please read the story before commenting. I know the article was extremely "long" Audi Driver

11:59am Fri 6 Dec 13

CJH says...

Audi Driver wrote:
CJH wrote:
Audi Driver wrote:
Tree fel across the road???? more like on the side of it. And this is BREAKING NEWS????
It brought down power lines as well. I certainly want to know about it if I lived nearby. And I would expect the police to be there to ensure no-one touched the live cables.
The article only said, the powerlines were damaged, not brought down... nor did they know if the electricity supplies were affected.
Please read the story before commenting. I know the article was extremely "long"
There was a second report. Please read that before commenting.
[quote][p][bold]Audi Driver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Audi Driver[/bold] wrote: Tree fel across the road???? more like on the side of it. And this is BREAKING NEWS????[/p][/quote]It brought down power lines as well. I certainly want to know about it if I lived nearby. And I would expect the police to be there to ensure no-one touched the live cables.[/p][/quote]The article only said, the powerlines were damaged, not brought down... nor did they know if the electricity supplies were affected. Please read the story before commenting. I know the article was extremely "long"[/p][/quote]There was a second report. Please read that before commenting. CJH

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree