Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
FLOODS: River Severn at Pitchcroft to continue to rise until tomorrow
FLOODWATER at Worcester Racecourse is expected to continue to rise until tomorrow.
The Environment Agency issued a warning this afternoon predicting the water would continue to rise from its current level of 4.69 metres to between 4.7 and 4.9 metres this afternoon or tomorrow.
Flood warnings advising residents to take immediate action have also been issued for:
- The River Severn at the Diglis area of Worcester, currently peaking at 4.41 metres. Hood Street, Quay Street, Pitchcroft Lane, Waterworks Lane and Newport Street are affected.
- The River Severn at East Waterside, Hanley Road and Rectory Road, Upton, as well as Kempsey, Callow End, Cifton, Severn Stoke, Clevelode, Hanley Castle and Saxons Lodge. Expected to peak at between five and 5.2 metres tomorrow morning.
- The River Avon at Evesham and Wyre Piddle, which peaked at 3.06 metres overnight.
- The River Avon at Pershore at Wick, currently peaking at 4.19 metres.
- The River Avon at Twyning, Strensham and Bredon, expected to peak at between three and 3.2 metres overnight.
For full details of flood warnings issued by the Environment Agency click here.
Comments are closed on this article.