Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Worcester man ordered to sign sex offender register after flashing teen
9:39am Thursday 2nd January 2014 in News
AN unemployed man from Worcester has been ordered to sign the sex offender register after admitting exposing himself to one teenage girl and sexually harassing two others.
Simon Palfrey, of London Road, appeared at Worcester Magistrates Court for sentencing after previously pleading guilty to exposing himself to a 16-year-old girl and using threatening words and behaviour towards two 15-year-old girls at an earlier hearing.
Jackie Rogers, prosecuting, told the court the 16-year-old had walked past the defendant’s parked car, near Tesco in Warndon, on Monday, August 12, when Palfrey attracted her attention and exposed himself.
In the second incident on Sunday, August 18, two 15-year-old girls were walking in the same area when they saw Palfrey looking at them with his hands in his trousers. He whistled to attract their attention but when they saw him he ran off and hid behind a bush.
“When they came out of the shop they saw the same man again with his hands down his trousers,” she said.
The 27-year-old admitted the charges on Thursday, December 12, but the case was adjourned while a pre-sentence report was prepared.
Amer Hussain, defending, described the two incidents as “a most unusual and bizarre set of cases”.
“It’s remarkable that he finds himself behaving as he has on these two occasions,” he said.
“He’s accepted that his behaviour was wrong.”
Palfrey was ordered to sign the sex offender register for the next five years and was also sentenced to a three-year community order including supervision and a requirement to carry out a sex offender programme.
He was also fined £50 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge.
Comments are closed on this article.