Child taken to hospital after house fire

Worcester News: Child taken to hospital after house fire Child taken to hospital after house fire

A CHILD had to be taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a home in Moat Way, Malvern, last night.

The youngster suffered burns and smoke inhalation after the blaze broke out in a bedroom on the first floor of the house at around 9.30pm.

Two fire crews from Malvern attended the fire, which had been put out before they arrived.

The two crews damped down and checked the area with a thermal imaging camera.

The child and an adult were checked over at the house and later taken to Worcestershire Royal Hospital.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:56pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Jabbadad says...

For some reason the ful story if the same one reported how the Mother thought the father was a HERO getting the child outside, tearing the burning curtains down and throwing a chair which was also alight into the bath.

Well he was a Hero for those actions sadly he was also irresponsible for having candles lit to create a romantic atmosphere within reach of children.

BURNING CANDLES, AND UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN DON'T EVER GO TOGETHER even on BIRTHDAY CAKES..

We all may have had candles with the bottoms heated until the wax drips and stood in saucers during power cuts,. Candles are most dangerous when placed near inflamable material and in insecure holders, but mainly around children.
For some reason the ful story if the same one reported how the Mother thought the father was a HERO getting the child outside, tearing the burning curtains down and throwing a chair which was also alight into the bath. Well he was a Hero for those actions sadly he was also irresponsible for having candles lit to create a romantic atmosphere within reach of children. BURNING CANDLES, AND UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN DON'T EVER GO TOGETHER even on BIRTHDAY CAKES.. We all may have had candles with the bottoms heated until the wax drips and stood in saucers during power cuts,. Candles are most dangerous when placed near inflamable material and in insecure holders, but mainly around children. Jabbadad
  • Score: 0

11:34am Mon 20 Jan 14

Andy-Apache says...

"Inflammable means flammable? What a country!"
"Inflammable means flammable? What a country!" Andy-Apache
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree