Washing machine fire in Norton

Worcester News: Washing machine fire in Norton Washing machine fire in Norton

A FIRE crew from Worcester was called out just after 8.30am today after a washing machine on fire was reported at premises in Evesham Road, Norton.

The crew arrived to find the fire had been put out while they were on the way. They made sure the machine was safe and removed it from the property.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:38pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Jabbadad says...

A now retired fireman told me that many house fires were caused because some people put the washing on an automatic programme and go out to work / shopping, or in the nice weather sit in the garden, and the pump sometimes get jammed by objects left in your washing, overheat and if plastic catch on fire.
I rubbished this as we do, until it happended to me when our washing machine which was in those days plumbed in the Garage and did just that, the pump jammed caught fire, the melted burning plastic had dropped onto the concrete floor and just burnt itself out. But what would have happened if it had been in the house? So now I never leave the machine on when I am out or even taking a nap. And yes I do have sensative fuse box trips, and three smoke / fire alarms and a Carbon Dioxide alarm, and everybody should have at least one alarm, in fact it should be law, since you can get in touch and the Fire Brigade will visit and fit an alarm .
A now retired fireman told me that many house fires were caused because some people put the washing on an automatic programme and go out to work / shopping, or in the nice weather sit in the garden, and the pump sometimes get jammed by objects left in your washing, overheat and if plastic catch on fire. I rubbished this as we do, until it happended to me when our washing machine which was in those days plumbed in the Garage and did just that, the pump jammed caught fire, the melted burning plastic had dropped onto the concrete floor and just burnt itself out. But what would have happened if it had been in the house? So now I never leave the machine on when I am out or even taking a nap. And yes I do have sensative fuse box trips, and three smoke / fire alarms and a Carbon Dioxide alarm, and everybody should have at least one alarm, in fact it should be law, since you can get in touch and the Fire Brigade will visit and fit an alarm . Jabbadad
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree