Cafe planned for city superstore

HOMEBASE wants to change 115 square metres of sales area at its Blackpole Road base in Worcester into a coffee shop.

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:58pm Wed 22 Jan 14

Andy_R says...

Odd, there's already a coffee shop in Dunelm Mill on the same retail park, and it's been totally empty every time I've been there. I can't imagine anyone coming out of the M&S simply food that's going to be sharing the same car park and thinking 'I'm worn out after buying all my food... I know, I'll go have a cup of Homebase Coffee!"
Odd, there's already a coffee shop in Dunelm Mill on the same retail park, and it's been totally empty every time I've been there. I can't imagine anyone coming out of the M&S simply food that's going to be sharing the same car park and thinking 'I'm worn out after buying all my food... I know, I'll go have a cup of Homebase Coffee!" Andy_R
  • Score: 5

12:48am Thu 23 Jan 14

Jabbadad says...

Can't agree about Dunelm cafe always empty. well not the times I have been, and it's quite good value.
And of course lot's of people pop to have a coffee when out shopping, you only have to look at how many coffee shops there are and all seem to be dong okay.
Can't agree about Dunelm cafe always empty. well not the times I have been, and it's quite good value. And of course lot's of people pop to have a coffee when out shopping, you only have to look at how many coffee shops there are and all seem to be dong okay. Jabbadad
  • Score: 3

12:58am Thu 23 Jan 14

Andy_R says...

Fair enough, maybe I just go at odd times. Still wish we could get a Starbucks somewhere in Worcester though.
Fair enough, maybe I just go at odd times. Still wish we could get a Starbucks somewhere in Worcester though. Andy_R
  • Score: -7

9:00am Thu 23 Jan 14

presterjohn says...

Andy_R wrote:
Fair enough, maybe I just go at odd times. Still wish we could get a Starbucks somewhere in Worcester though.
We have got a Starbucks in Worcester. It is in St. John's on the University campus in the Pear Tree bar. Anyone can use it. I don't rate Starbucks myself as they are stingy with the coffee beans to the point that you can hardly taste it.
[quote][p][bold]Andy_R[/bold] wrote: Fair enough, maybe I just go at odd times. Still wish we could get a Starbucks somewhere in Worcester though.[/p][/quote]We have got a Starbucks in Worcester. It is in St. John's on the University campus in the Pear Tree bar. Anyone can use it. I don't rate Starbucks myself as they are stingy with the coffee beans to the point that you can hardly taste it. presterjohn
  • Score: 1

9:03am Thu 23 Jan 14

presterjohn says...

They will be throwing money away if they do this. As has been said one already exists a stones throw away. Another one would just split the revenue and make it profitless.
They will be throwing money away if they do this. As has been said one already exists a stones throw away. Another one would just split the revenue and make it profitless. presterjohn
  • Score: -2

9:33am Thu 23 Jan 14

The Kop says...

Andy_R wrote:
Odd, there's already a coffee shop in Dunelm Mill on the same retail park, and it's been totally empty every time I've been there. I can't imagine anyone coming out of the M&S simply food that's going to be sharing the same car park and thinking 'I'm worn out after buying all my food... I know, I'll go have a cup of Homebase Coffee!"
I've only just found out about this M&S shop moving into where Halfords, can someone tell me where Halfords is going?
[quote][p][bold]Andy_R[/bold] wrote: Odd, there's already a coffee shop in Dunelm Mill on the same retail park, and it's been totally empty every time I've been there. I can't imagine anyone coming out of the M&S simply food that's going to be sharing the same car park and thinking 'I'm worn out after buying all my food... I know, I'll go have a cup of Homebase Coffee!"[/p][/quote]I've only just found out about this M&S shop moving into where Halfords, can someone tell me where Halfords is going? The Kop
  • Score: -1

10:46am Thu 23 Jan 14

CJH says...

I can remember when Homebase was Texas DIY that they had a coffee shop in the Bath Road store. Didn't last long though.
I can remember when Homebase was Texas DIY that they had a coffee shop in the Bath Road store. Didn't last long though. CJH
  • Score: 4

2:02pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Andy_R says...

The Kop wrote:
Andy_R wrote:
Odd, there's already a coffee shop in Dunelm Mill on the same retail park, and it's been totally empty every time I've been there. I can't imagine anyone coming out of the M&S simply food that's going to be sharing the same car park and thinking 'I'm worn out after buying all my food... I know, I'll go have a cup of Homebase Coffee!"
I've only just found out about this M&S shop moving into where Halfords, can someone tell me where Halfords is going?
Halfords is moving up the road to the Blackpole retail park, it's going to be where Comet was, next door to Currys.
[quote][p][bold]The Kop[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy_R[/bold] wrote: Odd, there's already a coffee shop in Dunelm Mill on the same retail park, and it's been totally empty every time I've been there. I can't imagine anyone coming out of the M&S simply food that's going to be sharing the same car park and thinking 'I'm worn out after buying all my food... I know, I'll go have a cup of Homebase Coffee!"[/p][/quote]I've only just found out about this M&S shop moving into where Halfords, can someone tell me where Halfords is going?[/p][/quote]Halfords is moving up the road to the Blackpole retail park, it's going to be where Comet was, next door to Currys. Andy_R
  • Score: 3

8:28pm Thu 23 Jan 14

lotusfaery says...

Where is the The Range going? They will probably also have a cafe too. Cafe's are useful in stores though for people who might need a rest break, elderly, babies, people who need a pit-stop for medical care, you get the jist. I am a total advocate of independent cafe's, but do recognise sometimes they struggle and a franchise may be more viable. There are arguments for and against "yet another coffeeshop" regardless of who owns it. But, the most important thing is bringing money in and shopping 'tourists' to our city.
Where is the The Range going? They will probably also have a cafe too. Cafe's are useful in stores though for people who might need a rest break, elderly, babies, people who need a pit-stop for medical care, you get the jist. I am a total advocate of independent cafe's, but do recognise sometimes they struggle and a franchise may be more viable. There are arguments for and against "yet another coffeeshop" regardless of who owns it. But, the most important thing is bringing money in and shopping 'tourists' to our city. lotusfaery
  • Score: 2

9:25pm Fri 24 Jan 14

lovelyjubbly says...

Andy_R wrote:
Odd, there's already a coffee shop in Dunelm Mill on the same retail park, and it's been totally empty every time I've been there. I can't imagine anyone coming out of the M&S simply food that's going to be sharing the same car park and thinking 'I'm worn out after buying all my food... I know, I'll go have a cup of Homebase Coffee!"
or Dunelem or KFC or McDonalds...........
........
[quote][p][bold]Andy_R[/bold] wrote: Odd, there's already a coffee shop in Dunelm Mill on the same retail park, and it's been totally empty every time I've been there. I can't imagine anyone coming out of the M&S simply food that's going to be sharing the same car park and thinking 'I'm worn out after buying all my food... I know, I'll go have a cup of Homebase Coffee!"[/p][/quote]or Dunelem or KFC or McDonalds........... ........ lovelyjubbly
  • Score: 2

11:57am Wed 29 Jan 14

themooman says...

the problem is i can't get a coffee in worcester - we need more coffee outlets!!
the problem is i can't get a coffee in worcester - we need more coffee outlets!! themooman
  • Score: 3

4:01pm Wed 29 Jan 14

yellow flower says...

As long as it's not another costa.
As long as it's not another costa. yellow flower
  • Score: 0

4:39pm Wed 29 Jan 14

liketoknow says...

yellow flower wrote:
As long as it's not another costa.
7 quid for 2 cups of 'le choco'(cocoa). no thanks !
[quote][p][bold]yellow flower[/bold] wrote: As long as it's not another costa.[/p][/quote]7 quid for 2 cups of 'le choco'(cocoa). no thanks ! liketoknow
  • Score: 1

6:30pm Wed 29 Jan 14

copierman says...

presterjohn wrote:
Andy_R wrote:
Fair enough, maybe I just go at odd times. Still wish we could get a Starbucks somewhere in Worcester though.
We have got a Starbucks in Worcester. It is in St. John's on the University campus in the Pear Tree bar. Anyone can use it. I don't rate Starbucks myself as they are stingy with the coffee beans to the point that you can hardly taste it.
Near the main shops then?
[quote][p][bold]presterjohn[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy_R[/bold] wrote: Fair enough, maybe I just go at odd times. Still wish we could get a Starbucks somewhere in Worcester though.[/p][/quote]We have got a Starbucks in Worcester. It is in St. John's on the University campus in the Pear Tree bar. Anyone can use it. I don't rate Starbucks myself as they are stingy with the coffee beans to the point that you can hardly taste it.[/p][/quote]Near the main shops then? copierman
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree