A TUMBLE dryer fire at a house next to a pub near Worcester has been brought under control today (Tuesday).

Two fire engines from Worcester and Hereford attended the fire by the Berkeley Arms in Spetchley, near Worcester at 5.49pm. A spokesman for the pub said the fire was at a house next door to the pub, not the pub itself.

A spokesman for the Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: "It was a fire in the laundry caused by a tumble dryer." Fire fighters used a hose reel and breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze. A spokesman said: "It did cause some smoke logging in the ground floor of the property. We ventilated the property." The stop message was received at 6.25pm and left at 6.45pm.