Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Chip pan catches fire after man fell asleep
5:09pm Wednesday 29th January 2014 in News
A fire at a Malvern home started in a chip pan according to Hereford and Worcester fire and rescue service.
Firefighters were called at around 1.35pm today (Wednesday) by a man who had left his Langland Avenue home because of a fire.
A spokeswoman from the fire service said: "We believe the occupier had put the chip pan on and fallen asleep. He was very lucky."
An ambulance was called but the man was not thought to be badly hurt.
Two crews from Malvern went to the fire and found the property smoke-logged.
The chip pan was removed and the home ventilated, while gas and electricity at the property was isolated.
Firefighters left at around 2.40pm.
Comments are closed on this article.