FLOOD warnings have been issued for rivers across Worcestershire.
The Environment Agency this afternoon issued warnings for the River Severn in Diglis, which currently stands at about 4.07 metres and is expected to reach up to 4.7 metres on Saturday. Hood Street, Quay Street, Pitchcroft Lane, Waterworks Road, Newport Street, Croft Road and Diglis Dock Road could be affected.
Warnings have also been issued for:
- The River Severn at Pitchcroft, currently at 4.44 metres and expected to reach up to 5.2 metres on Saturday.
- The River Severn at Hanley Road, Upton, currently at 4.72 metres and expected to reach up to 5.3 metres on Saturday.
- The River Severn at Court Meadow, Kempsey and Callow End, currently at 6.2 metres and expected to reach 6.9 metres by Saturday.
- The River Severn at Hanley Castle and Saxons Lodge, currently at 4.74 metres and expected to reach 5.3 metres on Saturday.
- A flood warning is also in place for the River Avon from Salford Priors to Tewkesbury, expected to hit 2.9 metres tomorrow.
The following roads are currently closed:
- The A443 Hylton Road while Severn Trent Water reinstall water pumps to divert floodwater. It is expected to remain closed until about 3pm.
- The B4195 Stourport Road, Bewdley from the junction with Beale's Corner, Stourport Road to the junction with Westbourne Street.
- The B4221 Hanley Road and C2099 New Street in Upton.
- Walcot Ford from Pershore to Drakes Broughton.
- The B4080 Eckington Bridge in Pershore Road, Eckington.
- The C2002 Jubilee Bridge in Mill Bank, Fladbury.
- Shell Ford from Bradley Green to Himbleton.
- The B4190 Beale’s Corner in Stourport Road, Bewdley, will also be closed from 4pm until about 8pm.