Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Man banned from Bewdley street after burgling parents' house
3:36pm Friday 31st January 2014 in News
A MAN who burgled and criminally damaged his parents' home in Bewdley has been banned from entering the street under the terms of a Criminal Anti Social Behaviour Order (Crasbo).
The two-year Crasbo on Brett Dunn, which came into effect today (Friday, January 31) upon on release from prison, prevents him from entering Belverdere Crescent as it was the scene of the offences he was imprisoned for.
Magistrates at Kidderminster Magistrates Court were told that the 24-year-old, of no fixed address, who already has 29 convictions for various offences, also caused disturbances in the street and annoyance to the residents who were distressed at his presence there.
Jenny Willems, community harm co-ordinator at West Mercia Police, said Dunn's parents would still be able to see him but they would have to meet him elsewhere.
She said: "Dunn had been seen throwing stones and kicking the windows of his parents’ home and car, and there are also reports of him being disorderly in the street.
“The order does not ban Dunn from having contact with his parents, but they will have to meet away from the home address to protect other residents from behaviour which causes them alarm, harassment and distress.”
The Crasbo runs until November 2016, and if Dunn breaches the order, he could be jailed for up to five years.
Comments are closed on this article.