Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Woman and dog escape house fire in Bewdley
10:40am Tuesday 25th March 2014 in News
A WOMAN and her pet dog escaped a fire in her kitchen last night.
Firefighters were called to the fire in Ironside Close, Bewdley, at about 11pm last night and used breathing apparatus and two hose reels to put out the flames.
They also used ventilation equipment to clear smoke from the detached house.
The kitchen was damaged and there was minor smoke damage throughout the whole house.
Station Commander Phil Berry said: “A woman was asleep upstairs when she heard the smoke alarm operating.
“As she came downstairs to investigate she noticed flames in the kitchen and thick black smoke.
“Luckily she and her pet dog managed to get out of the property using the front door.
“This is a timely reminder to check smoke alarms are in working order.
“An early alert from a smoke alarm can provide precious extra seconds to escape a fire in the home.”
Comments are closed on this article.