Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Homeless alcoholic threatened to blow up Primark
1:52pm Friday 25th April 2014 in News
A HOMELESS alcoholic has been banned from parts of Worcester city centre after being found guilty of threatening to blow up Primark.
Terry Taylor was handed a criminal anti-social behaviour order (CRASBO) at Worcester Magistrates Court on Thursday, April 24 following the incident on Friday, February 28 in which he was threatening and abusive to staff in the Crowngate shop and threatened to steal items and to bomb and burn the store down.
The 49-year-old had previously denied breaching an interim CRASBO he had been handed after becoming argumentative and volatile towards staff at Worcester Food Bank in Carden Close two days earlier.
He was handed a two-year CRASBO banning him from The Hive in Sawmill Walk and the surrounding area, the Worcester Walk-In Health Centre in Farrier Street, St George’s Catholic Church in Sansome Place, Lidl in Newtown Road, the Job Centre in Sansome Street and McDonalds in The Foregate.
He is also forbidden from drinking alcohol or possessing an open container containing alcohol anywhere consumption is prohibited by law, from remaining on any premises if asked to leave by a member of staff or authority figure, from causing anyone alarm, harassment or distress and from spitting in a public place.
The court heard Taylor had moved to the city in May last year and quickly became well known to police for being frequently drunk and disorderly.
Sergeant Carl Jones of the Cathedral Safer Neighbourhood Team said Taylor had previously been handed CRASBOs in Gloucester and Birmingham.
“Since he came to Worcester he has blighted Worcester city centre and St John’s with his drunken, threatening and offensive behaviour,” he said.
“Considerable time, money and effort has gone into trying to help him.
“While we are not unsympathetic to his problems, Worcester is a lovely place in which to live, work and visit, and we will do everything in our power to ensure that individuals like him do not spoil it for everyone else.
“I am pleased with this order which will go some way towards protecting the people of Worcester from Taylor’s awful behaviour.
“By releasing his photograph and details about his CRASBO, we hope people will come forward if they see him flouting it, so appropriate action can be taken.”
The court also sentenced Taylor to an eight-week jail term, but he walked free from court having already served the time on remand, although he was warned he could face up to five years in prison if he breaches the CRASBO.
Comments are closed on this article.