TWO campers have been treated for burns after a gas bottle they were using exploded.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to a field off Marlbank Road in Welland, Malvern at approximately 11pm yesterday evening.

Two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and a senior ambulance officer were dispatched to the scene.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “Crews were called to reports of two campers that had become injured when the gas bottle they were using exploded.

“Ambulance crews treated a man and a woman believed to be in their 30s for burn injuries to their legs and arms. Both casualties were given pain relief at the scene before being conveyed to Worcestershire Royal Hospital for further assessment and treatment.”