EDWARD Griffiths remains hopeful a deal to secure an outright purchase of Worcester Warriors can be “resurrected”.

In a bid to resolve ongoing speculation, Griffiths took to the club’s unofficial fans’ forum to outline his current position and vision for the Aviva Premiership outfit.

The former Saracens chief executive revealed he was looking to obtain a 51 per cent stake in the club with a “silent investor” who he said would be happy to step forward once an agreement had been made, taking the remaining 49 per cent.

Under his ownership, Griffiths said the club would drastically reduce their losses – which have reportedly mounted up to £16million over the last three season, to “a sustainable £532k per year” loss within two years.

He was also aiming to capture a “new, young director of rugby", who would be in the hot seat for “at least five or six years” while he felt a hotel within a new north stand could be “a viable option” and reckoned the club can be “turned around in three hours of hard work, smart decisions and clear leadership”.

Owners Sixways Holdings Limited, who are represented on Worcester’s board by Greg Allen, have rejected his bid, with Griffiths saying the club’s backers were keen to look for a better offer in the market.

However, Griffiths, who joined as a consultant at Warriors in January before leaving last month, insisted he remained open to talks.

He has previously refused to talk to the media, declining to comment to the Worcester News.

But speaking to Warriors’ fans’ message board on www.rugbynetwork.net, Griffiths said: “In June this year, it became clear to me that the way I felt the club should be run did not match the philosophy of the current owners.

“So, having secured a silent investor, we started discussions with Greg Allen about taking over the burden of ownership, bringing a combination of rugby expertise and funding, and building upon the foundations laid by the Allen family, taking the club forward.

“In our proposal, the new owning entity was to be 51 per cent owned by me and 49 per cent owned by the investor, providing absolute clarity and clear, caring leadership.

“Our aim was to develop the club at Sixways, in Worcester, for Worcester, improving the match day experience, creating a happy and upbeat environment, putting a successful team on the field and developing a viable business off the field.

“In our carefully constructed model, with conservative revenue projections, the club would within two years lose a sustainable £532k per year.

“In all honesty, I believe we nearly reached an agreement with Greg at the end of August, but we could not settle on one specific issue, the freehold of the stadium and land, and Greg decided he would prefer to test the market, which of course he was perfectly entitled to do.

“In response, I told the board that I should not continue to work at the club, selling a long-term vision to players and staff, negotiating contracts, when I could not be sure of being able to deliver that vision.

“One of the directors said this was an honourable position for me to take, and I duly resigned as a consultant with immediate effect - still hoping and believing that, if no better offer emerged, our fair and reasonable proposal might still be accepted.

“As circumstances at the club changed, I informed Greg we would withdraw our original offer but would remain open to new discussions, starting with a blank piece of paper.

“Greg has since said he has decided to move forward in a different direction. So the status quo is that there is no bid on the table and no discussions are scheduled, and yet we remain available to talk.

Griffiths added: “There are no ongoing discussions, but we certainly believe a deal can be resurrected at any time.

"We are pragmatic and eager to play our part in moving the club forward, bringing stability and a relentlessly positive outlook.

“My understanding is that our offer was rejected because the owners believe a better deal can be found elsewhere, although it seems as though perceived personality clashes have regrettably and unnecessarily started to cloud the issues.”