NINE people were arrested during a police operation today on suspiction of burglary and drugs offences.
Operation Largo took place this morning with 60 officers from West Mercia Police working together in nine teams to disrupt 16 targets in Worcester
Operation Largo worked alongside the Love Your Home Campaign by going after drug dealers and other criminals by disrupting their illegal activities.
Those arrested in Worcester were:
• A man was arrested at an address on Borrowdale Drive on suspicion of possessing a class B drug, cannabis.
• A man was arrested at an address on Mayfield Road on suspicion of possessing a class B drug, cannabis.
• A man was arrested at a property on Goldsmith Road on suspicion of possessing a class A drug.
• A man was arrested at an address on Rydale Close, Worcester on suspicion of possessing a class B drug, cannabis;
• A man was arrested at a property on Rose Avenue, Worcester for firearms offences;
• A man and a woman were arrested at a property on Oakridge Close, Worcester on suspicion of possessing a class B drug, cannabis.
In Evesham, a woman was arrested at a property in Summerfield Gardens on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and a man was arrested at an address in Meadows End on suspicion of burglary.
A police spokesman said: "At the end of February there were 711 burglaries recorded in south Worcestershire, compared to 796 offences for the same period last year.
"In January, 56 offences of burglary dwelling were recorded against 97 for the previous January.
"In February, 69 offences were recorded as opposed to 71 offences the previous February.
"In order to try and stem this upward trend between January and February and reassure the community that the police consider burglary dwelling a priority it is proposed to execute a number of
search warrants with the primary aim of focussing on criminality surrounding burglary and the supply of class A drugs which indirectly impact on the levels of burglary."
This site is part of Newsquest's audited local newspaper network | A Gannett Company
Newsquest (Midlands South) Ltd, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. HP10 9TY |3104052|Registered in England & Wales
This website and associated newspapers adhere to the Independent Press Standards Organisation's Editors' Code of Practice. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, then please contact the editor here. If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can contact IPSO here