Apology from shamed pervert George Lord

Worcester News: SHAME: George Lord SHAME: George Lord

PERVERT Dr George Lord issued a bizarre and belated apology for his sexual assaults through a solicitor after he was taken down to the cells.

Lord, clean-shaven and wearing a black suit, lilac shirt and yellow tie, looked impassive as he was sentenced.

Earlier, when the judge had retired to consider his verdict, Lord looked around pale and stoney-faced at members of the press and public gallery and at one point appeared to be deep in conversation with the prison guard in the dock.

Diljit Bachada, who stood beside barrister Brett Wilson, read Lord’s statement outside the court.

It read: “I would like to apologise for any anxiety felt by either of the victims in this case and feel that it was appropriate to resign as leader of Worcestershire County Council in order to preserve the good reputation of the council.”

The father of the victim of the sexual attack at County Hall and members of her family looked upset as details of Lord’s crimes were laid bare and some could be seen weeping in the public gallery.

The father released a written statement to the press after Lord was sentenced which read: “My wife and I are satisfied with the sentence imposed on George Lord and would like to take this opportunity to thank the police for their outstanding work and the compassion that was shown to our daughter. It is our understanding there had been a number of complaints regarding Mr Lord’s conduct prior to our daughter’s assault and we would like to know if our daughter’s ordeal was preventable.”

The family also said they remain unhappy with Worcestershire County Council’s handling of the complaint.

“How many more women have had their lives ruined by Lord’s actions and how many more complaints have Worcestershire County Council not acted upon?” the statement read.

Trish Haines, the county council’s chief executive, said: “Today’s sentencing draws a line under a difficult matter for the county council. I’d like to take this opportunity once again to encourage any staff who may be concerned about this or any other issue to raise it at the earliest opportunity with their line manager.

“Employee welfare is of utmost importance to us and we want staff to know we will always listen to any concerns they may have. To give people confidence to pursue their concerns we have a whistle-blowing policy which applies to everyone in the organisation, whatever their position”

Employee Services West Midlands Councils, based in Birmingham, is leading an independent investigation which started on Monday, March 26, and is due to run for two weeks.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:22am Wed 4 Apr 12

CJH says...

WN, any chance of changing this creepy smiley photograph of Lord? Makes me feel really uncomfortable.
WN, any chance of changing this creepy smiley photograph of Lord? Makes me feel really uncomfortable. CJH

10:58am Wed 4 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

Totally agree CJH
Totally agree CJH Ex-Worcester boy

1:45pm Wed 4 Apr 12

s1lversurfer says...

The only reason for the apology is that he got caught!! That's not an apology anyway its a statement of how good I am resigning when I did!
NOW there should be a totally independent enquiry and a chance for others to come forward. Support the family and victims not the council!
The only reason for the apology is that he got caught!! That's not an apology anyway its a statement of how good I am resigning when I did! NOW there should be a totally independent enquiry and a chance for others to come forward. Support the family and victims not the council! s1lversurfer

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree