A MAN who attacked his partner in front of their three-month-old son has been given a restraining order to stay away from her and five other people.
Wayne Dale, aged 39, assaulted Nicola Wilson in their Droitwich home on Friday, February 17, before going on to commit about £1,000 of criminal damage and assault two teenage girls.
Matt Dodson, prosecuting at Worcester Magistrates Court, described the couple’s two-year relationship as “turbulent”.
He said Dale left the house after a row but later returned and forced his way in.
“Having entered the property she said he dived on her,” said Mr Dodson.
“She screamed for help and he put one of his hands on her mouth to stop her screaming. He then started to trash the property.”
Miss Wilson said Dale damaged two Sky Digital boxes, a wi-fi router, a coat and a jewellery box worth about £500.
Dale then went to the home of Miss Wilson’s brother, Paul Wilson, in Malvern, where he slashed three car tyres belonging to her father John. While in the Malvern area Dale also had an altercation with two teenage girls, which ended with him pushing and punching one and slapping the other.
Dale admitted common assault on Miss Wilson and on the two teenagers but denied punching the teenager in the face and damaging the router and Sky Digital boxes.
Judith Kenney, defending Dale, said: “He acknowledges that he shoulder barged the door. He went to damage the tyres. He is not proud of these actions.”
Worcester magistrates sentenced Dale, who had already served 46 days in custody, to 26 weeks in prison suspended for two years.
He was fined a total of £550, given a two-year supervision order and ordered to undertake an domestic abuse programme.
Magistrates imposed indefinite restraining orders banning Dale from having contact with Miss Wilson, the two teenage girls and two other people as well as his three-month-old son – except through supervised contact agreed at the family court or by social services.