Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Fire rips through city centre sandwich shop
A CITY centre street was closed after fire ripped through a sandwich shop.
Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service were called to Daisy’s Kitchen in Pump Street in Worcester at just after 10.10am yesterday to reports of smoke issuing from both the ground and first floors of the building.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and hose reels forced entry into the building and discovered a fire on the ground floor, which was quickly extinguished.
They then made their way up to the first floor to ventilate it.
Watch commander Carl Horsburgh said the smoke had travelled either side of the shop, affecting both Thomas Cook and the hairdressers.
He said the fire was caused by an electrical fault in a chiller cabinet and had been “burning for some time” before crews arrived.
No-one was hurt in the incident and Pump Street was re-opened at approximately 12.15pm.