Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
‘Youth robbed while camping on golf course’
5:10pm Thursday 11th October 2012 in News
A TEENAGER was attacked and robbed of his mobile phone after camping on a Worcester golf course, a jury heard.
The 16-year-old victim – who cannot be named for legal reasons – was knocked down, punched and kicked by a members of a group in an early morning attack.
The teenager told a jury that one youth – who is not on trial – was hell-bent on being aggressive, demanded his name and began swearing at him before landing the first blow. He claimed that he was then approached by about eight people, including three girls, on the old Tolladine golf course on the night of August 2 last year and attacked.
The prosecution at Worcester Crown Court allege that two men who took part in the attack were identified.
Aaron Marston, aged 24, of Westminster Road, Worcester, and 19-year-old Aaron Martin-Smith, of Mabbs Close, Worcester, deny robbery.
Another youth, who was also 16 at the time and cannot be named, gave evidence that he rode to the golf course on his bike at about 1.30am to meet a group of friends who were camping there.
He said the other group were quite volatile and demanded that his brother turn off a mobile he had used to illuminate the area.
“The group were asking our names, being aggressive and goading us into fighting. They were asking questions in an intimidating manner,” he said.
The witness said the other group retreated behind some trees, but one youth – who was not one of the defendants – came forward and threw a punch at the victim.
The others then advanced, punching and kicking the victim to the ground.
He said there was talk of a knife and a stab threat before he managed to escape on his bike and phone police at 2.21am. The trial continues.