Sex attacker George Lord jailed

Worcester News: SHAME: George Lord SHAME: George Lord

THE former leader of Worcestershire County Council has been jailed for a string of sex assaults.

Last month George Lord admitted three counts of sexual assault on a girl in the 1970s, having already been found guilty of a sex attack against a 19-year-old council employee in 2010.

Today at Birmingham Crown Court the 79-year-old was jailed for four years - one year for each offence.

He admitted indecent assaults on a girl aged 14 and 15 in the 1970s and was found guilty after a trial of a sex attack on 19-year old woman at County Hall in Worcester in 2010.

Judge Nigel Godsmark, describing the three historic indecent assaults in the 1970s, spoke directly to the grim-faced 79-year-old, when he said: “You should have been her protector, not her abuser.”

Bernard Linnemann, prosecuting, said Lord was a married man in his 40s, a ‘man of education’ and a church minister and ‘popular with young people’ when he built up trust with a naïve young woman then aged just 11 who at the time was having troubles at home and enjoyed the attention from him.

Mr Linnemann said: “His actions demonstrate a progressive course of behaviour which the prosecution say was by way of grooming her. She felt loved by him in the context of her difficulties at home. By the time she was 14 he was telling her she was gorgeous and sensual, using language like that.”

• See tomorrow's Worcester News for the full story.

Comments (68)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:25am Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

2 years and hes out, absolute disgrace
2 years and hes out, absolute disgrace Ex-Worcester boy

11:31am Tue 3 Apr 12

Jackie Barry says...

Yet again the "softly softly" approach. Disgrace. He should have got at least 10 years. Why do we let these people get away with it? What about the victims? They have a life sentence. He will serve 2 years and be free to start again. Makes a joke of our justice system.
Yet again the "softly softly" approach. Disgrace. He should have got at least 10 years. Why do we let these people get away with it? What about the victims? They have a life sentence. He will serve 2 years and be free to start again. Makes a joke of our justice system. Jackie Barry

12:02pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

What about the colleagues who did not act.
Just another day in our legal system
Anyone with doubts start believing the system and sentencing is a joke.
I hope he gets the treatment in prison what other prisoners do to people like him.
What about the colleagues who did not act. Just another day in our legal system Anyone with doubts start believing the system and sentencing is a joke. I hope he gets the treatment in prison what other prisoners do to people like him. Ex-Worcester boy

12:04pm Tue 3 Apr 12

splinksplink1 says...

Disagree. Penalty is OTT for this crime (3 years expected). He's paid due to high profile. He pleaded not guilty, but realised there was no way to win with the weight of public opinion. Total miscarriage of justice and the man is broken. He served Worcester well. And this is the thanks!
Disagree. Penalty is OTT for this crime (3 years expected). He's paid due to high profile. He pleaded not guilty, but realised there was no way to win with the weight of public opinion. Total miscarriage of justice and the man is broken. He served Worcester well. And this is the thanks! splinksplink1

12:06pm Tue 3 Apr 12

CJH says...

splinksplink1 wrote:
Disagree. Penalty is OTT for this crime (3 years expected). He's paid due to high profile. He pleaded not guilty, but realised there was no way to win with the weight of public opinion. Total miscarriage of justice and the man is broken. He served Worcester well. And this is the thanks!
April Fools was on Sunday - bit late with this comment I think!
[quote][p][bold]splinksplink1[/bold] wrote: Disagree. Penalty is OTT for this crime (3 years expected). He's paid due to high profile. He pleaded not guilty, but realised there was no way to win with the weight of public opinion. Total miscarriage of justice and the man is broken. He served Worcester well. And this is the thanks![/p][/quote]April Fools was on Sunday - bit late with this comment I think! CJH

12:10pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

splinksplink1
You are one sick person condoning this mans actions
splinksplink1 You are one sick person condoning this mans actions Ex-Worcester boy

12:13pm Tue 3 Apr 12

splinksplink1 says...

Please quote the part of my comment where I condone any actions. I've re-read it and can't see it anywhere
Please quote the part of my comment where I condone any actions. I've re-read it and can't see it anywhere splinksplink1

12:17pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

Total miscarriage of justice and the man is broken
Total miscarriage of justice and the man is broken Ex-Worcester boy

12:20pm Tue 3 Apr 12

splinksplink1 says...

So what I'm saying here is simply true. He was found guilty of an offence for which he pleaded not guilty. He realised he couldn't win. Changed his plea because he simply couldn't go through that again and to limit his sentence. Trial unfair and the man is broken.
So what I'm saying here is simply true. He was found guilty of an offence for which he pleaded not guilty. He realised he couldn't win. Changed his plea because he simply couldn't go through that again and to limit his sentence. Trial unfair and the man is broken. splinksplink1

12:31pm Tue 3 Apr 12

mayall8808 says...

Didnt get enough, he deserved more but i think his age was a factor.

I do hope the lack of action by council collegues will be noted, they had to do something when it couldnt be hidden, what a disgrace !
How many more lumps in the carpet are there?
Didnt get enough, he deserved more but i think his age was a factor. I do hope the lack of action by council collegues will be noted, they had to do something when it couldnt be hidden, what a disgrace ! How many more lumps in the carpet are there? mayall8808

12:35pm Tue 3 Apr 12

CJH says...

"Trial unfair and the man is broken" This is the part of your comment I have a problem with - unfair? How? He got away with it for 40 years! Broken? Good! What about his victims? I'd lock him up and throw away the key! Total abuse of his position and authority.
"Trial unfair and the man is broken" This is the part of your comment I have a problem with - unfair? How? He got away with it for 40 years! Broken? Good! What about his victims? I'd lock him up and throw away the key! Total abuse of his position and authority. CJH

12:47pm Tue 3 Apr 12

uscebao says...

splinksplink1 is either a family member or a County Councillor.
splinksplink1 is either a family member or a County Councillor. uscebao

12:51pm Tue 3 Apr 12

splinksplink1 says...

Neither. Just presenting an alternative view to you animals that are seeking blood. Thank goodness the justice system isn't in youtr hands. Throw away the key? Medieval times? civilised? Hmmm. Thinks: "Avoid Worcestershire..."
Neither. Just presenting an alternative view to you animals that are seeking blood. Thank goodness the justice system isn't in youtr hands. Throw away the key? Medieval times? civilised? Hmmm. Thinks: "Avoid Worcestershire..." splinksplink1

12:52pm Tue 3 Apr 12

WilkoJ says...

I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community.

I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye.

This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.
I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community. I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye. This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking. WilkoJ

12:54pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

If they are a supporter of the guilty man, maybe shows the mentality of these people
If they are a supporter of the guilty man, maybe shows the mentality of these people Ex-Worcester boy

12:54pm Tue 3 Apr 12

mayall8808 says...

splinksplink1 says...
12:51pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Neither. Just presenting an alternative view to you animals that are seeking blood. Thank goodness the justice system isn't in youtr hands. Throw away the key? Medieval times? civilised? Hmmm. Thinks: "Avoid Worcestershire..."


So you condone his actions then? you cant have it both ways, oops pun
splinksplink1 says... 12:51pm Tue 3 Apr 12 Neither. Just presenting an alternative view to you animals that are seeking blood. Thank goodness the justice system isn't in youtr hands. Throw away the key? Medieval times? civilised? Hmmm. Thinks: "Avoid Worcestershire..." So you condone his actions then? you cant have it both ways, oops pun mayall8808

12:56pm Tue 3 Apr 12

mayall8808 says...

WilkoJ says...
12:52pm Tue 3 Apr 12

I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community.

Totally agree, lock him up throw away the key.
WilkoJ says... 12:52pm Tue 3 Apr 12 I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community. Totally agree, lock him up throw away the key. mayall8808

12:58pm Tue 3 Apr 12

splinksplink1 says...

I suspect strongly he didn't do anything like what he is accused of. He pleaded not guilty. He changed his plea in the face of an impossible hearing - no one was going to take his word in case 2 after losing case 1. Minimised the damage. I'd have thought all this was pretty obvious if you look at what's happened.
I suspect strongly he didn't do anything like what he is accused of. He pleaded not guilty. He changed his plea in the face of an impossible hearing - no one was going to take his word in case 2 after losing case 1. Minimised the damage. I'd have thought all this was pretty obvious if you look at what's happened. splinksplink1

1:00pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

splinksplink1 please understand families and the victims have to live with the consequences of this mans actions. Is ability to do a good job is not being judged but his behaviour to his victims certainly is and if that makes me an animal in your eyes so be it. It is people who cover and support someone of his nature that are animals
splinksplink1 please understand families and the victims have to live with the consequences of this mans actions. Is ability to do a good job is not being judged but his behaviour to his victims certainly is and if that makes me an animal in your eyes so be it. It is people who cover and support someone of his nature that are animals Ex-Worcester boy

1:01pm Tue 3 Apr 12

jovialcommonsense says...

CJH wrote:
"Trial unfair and the man is broken" This is the part of your comment I have a problem with - unfair? How? He got away with it for 40 years! Broken? Good! What about his victims? I'd lock him up and throw away the key! Total abuse of his position and authority.
Sadly, we never get the full details and even if we did we still would not understand.
I know of a case where an innocent pleaded guilty, as to have fought the case would have ruined their financial future as well as the years of stress.
The sentence was seen as the " better" of two evils.
Ever since, unless blatantly guilty, I've always viewed court results with suspicion.
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: "Trial unfair and the man is broken" This is the part of your comment I have a problem with - unfair? How? He got away with it for 40 years! Broken? Good! What about his victims? I'd lock him up and throw away the key! Total abuse of his position and authority.[/p][/quote]Sadly, we never get the full details and even if we did we still would not understand. I know of a case where an innocent pleaded guilty, as to have fought the case would have ruined their financial future as well as the years of stress. The sentence was seen as the " better" of two evils. Ever since, unless blatantly guilty, I've always viewed court results with suspicion. jovialcommonsense

1:02pm Tue 3 Apr 12

uscebao says...

splinksplink1 wrote:
I suspect strongly he didn't do anything like what he is accused of. He pleaded not guilty. He changed his plea in the face of an impossible hearing - no one was going to take his word in case 2 after losing case 1. Minimised the damage. I'd have thought all this was pretty obvious if you look at what's happened.
Were you in attendance at the court, or do you get all your information from the newspapers?
[quote][p][bold]splinksplink1[/bold] wrote: I suspect strongly he didn't do anything like what he is accused of. He pleaded not guilty. He changed his plea in the face of an impossible hearing - no one was going to take his word in case 2 after losing case 1. Minimised the damage. I'd have thought all this was pretty obvious if you look at what's happened.[/p][/quote]Were you in attendance at the court, or do you get all your information from the newspapers? uscebao

1:07pm Tue 3 Apr 12

CJH says...

"splinksplink1 thinks: "Avoid Worcestershire..."

.
Good!
"splinksplink1 thinks: "Avoid Worcestershire..." . Good! CJH

1:09pm Tue 3 Apr 12

andrew151 says...

throw away the key and weld up the door to his cell and take his peerage away he deserves to get what happens when inside prison some in ates dont take kindly to his type,hope he,s got eyes in back of head and good hearing
throw away the key and weld up the door to his cell and take his peerage away he deserves to get what happens when inside prison some in ates dont take kindly to his type,hope he,s got eyes in back of head and good hearing andrew151

1:12pm Tue 3 Apr 12

andrew151 says...

just a p.she should have had 4yrs for each crime not 1yr.
just a p.she should have had 4yrs for each crime not 1yr. andrew151

1:13pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

andrew151, splinksplink1 may take exception to your punishment
andrew151, splinksplink1 may take exception to your punishment Ex-Worcester boy

1:14pm Tue 3 Apr 12

jovialcommonsense says...

andrew151 wrote:
throw away the key and weld up the door to his cell and take his peerage away he deserves to get what happens when inside prison some in ates dont take kindly to his type,hope he,s got eyes in back of head and good hearing
His name is Lord, it's not a peerage. Kind of devalues anything else you say doesn't it?
[quote][p][bold]andrew151[/bold] wrote: throw away the key and weld up the door to his cell and take his peerage away he deserves to get what happens when inside prison some in ates dont take kindly to his type,hope he,s got eyes in back of head and good hearing[/p][/quote]His name is Lord, it's not a peerage. Kind of devalues anything else you say doesn't it? jovialcommonsense

1:23pm Tue 3 Apr 12

bigrat says...

Splinksplink1 wrote: “I suspect strongly he didn't do anything like what he is accused of. He pleaded not guilty. He changed his plea in the face of an impossible hearing....”.
Actually a) I suspect (in fact more than suspect) that he has done a lot worse than what he was accused of and what has been reported; b) he pleaded not guilty because of his complete arrogance; c) he changed his plea to guilty in the face of the overwhelming evidence and the number of cases being brought against him.
I just hope that this is not the end of it and the authorities pursue other cases.
Splinksplink1 wrote: “I suspect strongly he didn't do anything like what he is accused of. He pleaded not guilty. He changed his plea in the face of an impossible hearing....”. Actually a) I suspect (in fact more than suspect) that he has done a lot worse than what he was accused of and what has been reported; b) he pleaded not guilty because of his complete arrogance; c) he changed his plea to guilty in the face of the overwhelming evidence and the number of cases being brought against him. I just hope that this is not the end of it and the authorities pursue other cases. bigrat

1:33pm Tue 3 Apr 12

jarlin says...

Well, well, well. It seems the 'Old Boys' brigade and 'money talks', has once again been brought into play!
Four years!!! are you kidding me! How on this bloody planet can any court justify such a minimal 4 year sentence for this pervert. Once more must we sit back and accept yet another sex offender getting away with a pathetic punishment! A broken man indeed! Who cares about him! It's his victims we should care about, he should suffer a very long custodial sentence, without time off for good behaviour.
Well, well, well. It seems the 'Old Boys' brigade and 'money talks', has once again been brought into play! Four years!!! are you kidding me! How on this bloody planet can any court justify such a minimal 4 year sentence for this pervert. Once more must we sit back and accept yet another sex offender getting away with a pathetic punishment! A broken man indeed! Who cares about him! It's his victims we should care about, he should suffer a very long custodial sentence, without time off for good behaviour. jarlin

1:53pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

jarlin, just upset splinksplink1 a person who cares for Mr Lord unlike the rest of us animals
jarlin, just upset splinksplink1 a person who cares for Mr Lord unlike the rest of us animals Ex-Worcester boy

2:25pm Tue 3 Apr 12

ushmush says...

jovialcommonsense wrote:
andrew151 wrote:
throw away the key and weld up the door to his cell and take his peerage away he deserves to get what happens when inside prison some in ates dont take kindly to his type,hope he,s got eyes in back of head and good hearing
His name is Lord, it's not a peerage. Kind of devalues anything else you say doesn't it?
Haha, that is 100% exactly what I thought!

For everyone's 'suspecting' on here, there are virtually no facts. I believe the saying goes "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
[quote][p][bold]jovialcommonsense[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andrew151[/bold] wrote: throw away the key and weld up the door to his cell and take his peerage away he deserves to get what happens when inside prison some in ates dont take kindly to his type,hope he,s got eyes in back of head and good hearing[/p][/quote]His name is Lord, it's not a peerage. Kind of devalues anything else you say doesn't it?[/p][/quote]Haha, that is 100% exactly what I thought! For everyone's 'suspecting' on here, there are virtually no facts. I believe the saying goes "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." ushmush

2:38pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

We all have sinned, depending on your outlook.
I find this man abhorent say no more to justify this man in any shape or form.
We all have sinned, depending on your outlook. I find this man abhorent say no more to justify this man in any shape or form. Ex-Worcester boy

2:45pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right
One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right Ex-Worcester boy

2:48pm Tue 3 Apr 12

MrStJohns says...

Ex-Worcester boy wrote:
One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right
Agreed, however witch hunts based on no more than snippets of information realised in the press are just as disagreeable.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-Worcester boy[/bold] wrote: One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right[/p][/quote]Agreed, however witch hunts based on no more than snippets of information realised in the press are just as disagreeable. MrStJohns

2:53pm Tue 3 Apr 12

MrStJohns says...

MrStJohns wrote:
Ex-Worcester boy wrote: One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right
Agreed, however witch hunts based on no more than snippets of information realised in the press are just as disagreeable.
That should be read released (sorry)
[quote][p][bold]MrStJohns[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-Worcester boy[/bold] wrote: One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right[/p][/quote]Agreed, however witch hunts based on no more than snippets of information realised in the press are just as disagreeable.[/p][/quote]That should be read released (sorry) MrStJohns

3:09pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

I do feel that the snippets are only the part of the actual truth, witch hunt or not this man as destroyed peoples lives and I believe there are a lot of others unknown who still suffer from this mans abuse.
I do feel that the snippets are only the part of the actual truth, witch hunt or not this man as destroyed peoples lives and I believe there are a lot of others unknown who still suffer from this mans abuse. Ex-Worcester boy

4:04pm Tue 3 Apr 12

jovialcommonsense says...

Proper justice is gained by viewing the facts, not by suspicion and belief, otherwise it is vigilantism.
The court has made it's decision on the facts it is aware of.
The sentence has been given according to the facts and circumstances.
How can outsiders presume to know better?
Proper justice is gained by viewing the facts, not by suspicion and belief, otherwise it is vigilantism. The court has made it's decision on the facts it is aware of. The sentence has been given according to the facts and circumstances. How can outsiders presume to know better? jovialcommonsense

4:10pm Tue 3 Apr 12

ushmush says...

Ex-Worcester boy wrote:
One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right
The thing that scares me is people like you are allowed to vote, that's how fascism comes into power!
[quote][p][bold]Ex-Worcester boy[/bold] wrote: One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right[/p][/quote]The thing that scares me is people like you are allowed to vote, that's how fascism comes into power! ushmush

4:48pm Tue 3 Apr 12

uscebao says...

ushmush wrote:
Ex-Worcester boy wrote:
One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right
The thing that scares me is people like you are allowed to vote, that's how fascism comes into power!
So, you don't agree with democracy? Sounds a bit fascist to me :)
[quote][p][bold]ushmush[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-Worcester boy[/bold] wrote: One thing about blogs, in particular about subjects above you can get the majority condemning, but the worry is, people who support the guilty person and in particular the ones who show sympathy no matter how little are the real culprits in the offence, faceless and understanding that wrong makes right[/p][/quote]The thing that scares me is people like you are allowed to vote, that's how fascism comes into power![/p][/quote]So, you don't agree with democracy? Sounds a bit fascist to me :) uscebao

5:41pm Tue 3 Apr 12

MakeUthink says...

I have known such cover-up situations in the military. To a certain extent, when someone is 'in the system' they are either not believed, or the superior (of the offender) covers up the offence. There is a number of others (personnel dept?) who are culpable. It should not end here.
I have known such cover-up situations in the military. To a certain extent, when someone is 'in the system' they are either not believed, or the superior (of the offender) covers up the offence. There is a number of others (personnel dept?) who are culpable. It should not end here. MakeUthink

6:15pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Lizzie R says...

WilkoJ wrote:
I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community.

I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye.

This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.
Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord.
[quote][p][bold]WilkoJ[/bold] wrote: I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community. I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye. This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.[/p][/quote]Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord. Lizzie R

7:01pm Tue 3 Apr 12

splinksplink1 says...

I don't know what really happened. But I do know that a jury convicted an 80 year old man based on one word against another. A man who had lost his job, friends, character and essentially everything. Word against word. I doubt he wanted to go through that a second time with much worse charges. If I was 80 I'd probably do the same. The abuse on this blog is alarming. I'm just saying what I think. Can't you guys treat me with some respect?
I don't know what really happened. But I do know that a jury convicted an 80 year old man based on one word against another. A man who had lost his job, friends, character and essentially everything. Word against word. I doubt he wanted to go through that a second time with much worse charges. If I was 80 I'd probably do the same. The abuse on this blog is alarming. I'm just saying what I think. Can't you guys treat me with some respect? splinksplink1

7:47pm Tue 3 Apr 12

induby says...

im giving my opinion which is based on FACTS!!!!! not speculation as in your case.... court transcripts say, that whilst driving past the chateau impney in droitwich a 14 year old girl performed a sex act on Mr Lord whilst he was driving his car which apparently he subsequently nearly crashed, this is an offence he pleaded guilty too FACT along with several others!!!! FACT, and why does his age matter!!!! 80 or not if you were innocent you wouldn't plead guilty to the worst crime there is, just because you dont want it to go to trial!!! and just to make it clear he was not tortured into making a false confession. there would have been a jury FACT, he would have had a solicitor to defend him FACT and he would of been given a fair trial,based on evidence given from both sides FACT.... and the jury would not of been given infomation relating to the first case as it was unrelated and it could influence the decision,,instead the judge is aware of it and it would only come into consideration if he was found guilty and to help determine sentence... and as for disrespect,,, how disrespectful are you to the victims of this pervert, even when he admits his guilt, you still doubt them!!!!,,
im giving my opinion which is based on FACTS!!!!! not speculation as in your case.... court transcripts say, that whilst driving past the chateau impney in droitwich a 14 year old girl performed a sex act on Mr Lord whilst he was driving his car which apparently he subsequently nearly crashed, this is an offence he pleaded guilty too FACT along with several others!!!! FACT, and why does his age matter!!!! 80 or not if you were innocent you wouldn't plead guilty to the worst crime there is, just because you dont want it to go to trial!!! and just to make it clear he was not tortured into making a false confession. there would have been a jury FACT, he would have had a solicitor to defend him FACT and he would of been given a fair trial,based on evidence given from both sides FACT.... and the jury would not of been given infomation relating to the first case as it was unrelated and it could influence the decision,,instead the judge is aware of it and it would only come into consideration if he was found guilty and to help determine sentence... and as for disrespect,,, how disrespectful are you to the victims of this pervert, even when he admits his guilt, you still doubt them!!!!,, induby

7:56pm Tue 3 Apr 12

The Doosra says...

Lizzie R wrote:
WilkoJ wrote:
I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community.

I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye.

This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.
Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord.
Quite right Lizzie - speaking as a former County Council employee, I find WilkoJ's comments utterly abhorrent.
[quote][p][bold]Lizzie R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WilkoJ[/bold] wrote: I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community. I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye. This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.[/p][/quote]Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord.[/p][/quote]Quite right Lizzie - speaking as a former County Council employee, I find WilkoJ's comments utterly abhorrent. The Doosra

8:04pm Tue 3 Apr 12

CJH says...

splinksplink1 says: "But I do know that a jury convicted an 80 year old man based on one word against another". That would be the word of FOUR individuals plus supporting evidence, plus his guilty plea. Just admit you've shot yourself in the foot here splinksplink1 and let's get on with something else shall we?
splinksplink1 says: "But I do know that a jury convicted an 80 year old man based on one word against another". That would be the word of FOUR individuals plus supporting evidence, plus his guilty plea. Just admit you've shot yourself in the foot here splinksplink1 and let's get on with something else shall we? CJH

8:06pm Tue 3 Apr 12

CJH says...

Sorry that should have been TWO individuals on FOUR occasions. Silly me.
Sorry that should have been TWO individuals on FOUR occasions. Silly me. CJH

10:18pm Tue 3 Apr 12

WilkoJ says...

Lizzie R wrote:
WilkoJ wrote:
I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community.

I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye.

This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.
Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord.
I, and many others, suspect that that innapropriate things do occur at the council amongst many staff.

The council has a knack of not only brushing many issues under the carpet, whether it be service delivery related issues or not, but transparency and honesty is not exactly forthcoming either from the council, while there are no comments from the Chief Executive or Leader to suggest that innappropriate behaviour action, poor behaviour, lack of integrity etc is not rife throughout the authority. In fact the silence from those at the top suggest something to the contrary.

Many people view those who work for the council with suspicion, distrust, caution and disdain and this saga with George Lord does very little to change people's perception of how council staff and councillors operate.
[quote][p][bold]Lizzie R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WilkoJ[/bold] wrote: I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community. I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye. This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.[/p][/quote]Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord.[/p][/quote]I, and many others, suspect that that innapropriate things do occur at the council amongst many staff. The council has a knack of not only brushing many issues under the carpet, whether it be service delivery related issues or not, but transparency and honesty is not exactly forthcoming either from the council, while there are no comments from the Chief Executive or Leader to suggest that innappropriate behaviour action, poor behaviour, lack of integrity etc is not rife throughout the authority. In fact the silence from those at the top suggest something to the contrary. Many people view those who work for the council with suspicion, distrust, caution and disdain and this saga with George Lord does very little to change people's perception of how council staff and councillors operate. WilkoJ

12:14am Wed 4 Apr 12

Jabbadad says...

I sadly feel that any support for George Lord will be political, and shows the depths that politics will go to save face. Just like the known Tories in these columns are weakly , but loyally trying to do.
I sadly feel that any support for George Lord will be political, and shows the depths that politics will go to save face. Just like the known Tories in these columns are weakly , but loyally trying to do. Jabbadad

8:05am Wed 4 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

If I'm a fascist to a couple on here, ok thats your opinion which is fine. Are you supporting "Lord" if you are opposed ?? If those young girls were in someway related to myself, I can assure you I would be seeking a far more henious crime than 4 yeays ( " years actually )
If I'm a fascist to a couple on here, ok thats your opinion which is fine. Are you supporting "Lord" if you are opposed ?? If those young girls were in someway related to myself, I can assure you I would be seeking a far more henious crime than 4 yeays ( " years actually ) Ex-Worcester boy

8:16am Wed 4 Apr 12

cmot says...

WilkoJ wrote:
Lizzie R wrote:
WilkoJ wrote:
I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community.

I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye.

This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.
Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord.
I, and many others, suspect that that innapropriate things do occur at the council amongst many staff.

The council has a knack of not only brushing many issues under the carpet, whether it be service delivery related issues or not, but transparency and honesty is not exactly forthcoming either from the council, while there are no comments from the Chief Executive or Leader to suggest that innappropriate behaviour action, poor behaviour, lack of integrity etc is not rife throughout the authority. In fact the silence from those at the top suggest something to the contrary.

Many people view those who work for the council with suspicion, distrust, caution and disdain and this saga with George Lord does very little to change people's perception of how council staff and councillors operate.
WilkoJ, as much as some may not like what you say (and I suspect that they will be council staff themselves), you do have a valid point about the conduct of council officers and councillors, and it is time their behaviour came under scrutiny to ensure that those who are in post to serve the tax payer are fit for purpose and are of utmost integrity, in and outside of work.

After all, these public servants should be setting an example on decency and good behaviour. If we are trying to get MPs in to line, why not do the same at local government level with officers and councillors, and County Hall is a good place to start.

When was the last time someone could say that they genuinely trust a council worker or said they done an excellent job as would be expected of their role? Very few people I expect.
[quote][p][bold]WilkoJ[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lizzie R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WilkoJ[/bold] wrote: I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community. I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye. This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.[/p][/quote]Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord.[/p][/quote]I, and many others, suspect that that innapropriate things do occur at the council amongst many staff. The council has a knack of not only brushing many issues under the carpet, whether it be service delivery related issues or not, but transparency and honesty is not exactly forthcoming either from the council, while there are no comments from the Chief Executive or Leader to suggest that innappropriate behaviour action, poor behaviour, lack of integrity etc is not rife throughout the authority. In fact the silence from those at the top suggest something to the contrary. Many people view those who work for the council with suspicion, distrust, caution and disdain and this saga with George Lord does very little to change people's perception of how council staff and councillors operate.[/p][/quote]WilkoJ, as much as some may not like what you say (and I suspect that they will be council staff themselves), you do have a valid point about the conduct of council officers and councillors, and it is time their behaviour came under scrutiny to ensure that those who are in post to serve the tax payer are fit for purpose and are of utmost integrity, in and outside of work. After all, these public servants should be setting an example on decency and good behaviour. If we are trying to get MPs in to line, why not do the same at local government level with officers and councillors, and County Hall is a good place to start. When was the last time someone could say that they genuinely trust a council worker or said they done an excellent job as would be expected of their role? Very few people I expect. cmot

9:11am Wed 4 Apr 12

induby says...

whilst i do agree that it does seem to be the conservative way to cover up, brush aside or simply just ignore anything that does not bode well for them,, i have to say this ...... when i first read the initial article yesterday my first reaction was to think this is usually people who work in the church, who commit these vile crimes,, only to read the full story later on and surprise surprise he was in fact a church worker when the abuse took place,,, it is all to a familiar story we are hearing day after day that men in positions of trust within the church are using their position to get their sexual gratifications with their under age parishioners,, in fact yesterday 2 stories appeared of 2 seperate church workers abusing children,on the same front page of this paper!!,scarily... this has become the norm,, and whilst the cover up might have been political, the route of the problem seems to be in the church!!!!!!!
whilst i do agree that it does seem to be the conservative way to cover up, brush aside or simply just ignore anything that does not bode well for them,, i have to say this ...... when i first read the initial article yesterday my first reaction was to think this is usually people who work in the church, who commit these vile crimes,, only to read the full story later on and surprise surprise he was in fact a church worker when the abuse took place,,, it is all to a familiar story we are hearing day after day that men in positions of trust within the church are using their position to get their sexual gratifications with their under age parishioners,, in fact yesterday 2 stories appeared of 2 seperate church workers abusing children,on the same front page of this paper!!,scarily... this has become the norm,, and whilst the cover up might have been political, the route of the problem seems to be in the church!!!!!!! induby

10:13am Wed 4 Apr 12

CJH says...

Well splinksplink1, now we have more facts from the court case and Lord's 'apology' can you still defend this man? I can't see how.
Well splinksplink1, now we have more facts from the court case and Lord's 'apology' can you still defend this man? I can't see how. CJH

10:29am Wed 4 Apr 12

induby says...

well said "CJH" i said exactly the same thing!!! except slightly less elegantly and they removed my comment, not PC enough for the masses lol
well said "CJH" i said exactly the same thing!!! except slightly less elegantly and they removed my comment, not PC enough for the masses lol induby

7:34pm Wed 4 Apr 12

The Doosra says...

cmot wrote:
WilkoJ wrote:
Lizzie R wrote:
WilkoJ wrote:
I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community.

I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye.

This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.
Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord.
I, and many others, suspect that that innapropriate things do occur at the council amongst many staff.

The council has a knack of not only brushing many issues under the carpet, whether it be service delivery related issues or not, but transparency and honesty is not exactly forthcoming either from the council, while there are no comments from the Chief Executive or Leader to suggest that innappropriate behaviour action, poor behaviour, lack of integrity etc is not rife throughout the authority. In fact the silence from those at the top suggest something to the contrary.

Many people view those who work for the council with suspicion, distrust, caution and disdain and this saga with George Lord does very little to change people's perception of how council staff and councillors operate.
WilkoJ, as much as some may not like what you say (and I suspect that they will be council staff themselves), you do have a valid point about the conduct of council officers and councillors, and it is time their behaviour came under scrutiny to ensure that those who are in post to serve the tax payer are fit for purpose and are of utmost integrity, in and outside of work.

After all, these public servants should be setting an example on decency and good behaviour. If we are trying to get MPs in to line, why not do the same at local government level with officers and councillors, and County Hall is a good place to start.

When was the last time someone could say that they genuinely trust a council worker or said they done an excellent job as would be expected of their role? Very few people I expect.
Prejudice, prejudice, prejudice and hot air - that's all we hear from you on the subject of the public sector. Clearly there are areas of the public sector which could be run more efficiently, but the same applies to the private sector - banks anyone?

The vast majority of my former co-workers at the County Council, worked hard for their community, making the most of inadequate resources and administering often cockeyed central government legislation.
[quote][p][bold]cmot[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WilkoJ[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lizzie R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WilkoJ[/bold] wrote: I welcome the sentence, although I do not feel it goes far enough for the crime he has been found guilty for, while his back ground and services to the community etc as a councillor should not prevent him from suffering the full consequences of his actions. You do the deed, you pay the price regardless of your standing in the community. I hope the lack of action by others at the council are investigated and brought out in to the open and that they're made to pay the price of turning a blind eye. This whole episode makes me wonder what else council staff and councillors get up to, and I feel it is now time that all these people at County Hall were investigated and put under the microscope. These people are supposed to be in a position of responsibility and high integrity, but I suspect that the ethics of many council staff leave a lot to be desired. And I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.[/p][/quote]Why are you tarring all people who work at the council with the same brush? Just because one person has carried out such an act and conducted themselves innapropriately does not mean all councillors and council staff act in a similar manner to George Lord.[/p][/quote]I, and many others, suspect that that innapropriate things do occur at the council amongst many staff. The council has a knack of not only brushing many issues under the carpet, whether it be service delivery related issues or not, but transparency and honesty is not exactly forthcoming either from the council, while there are no comments from the Chief Executive or Leader to suggest that innappropriate behaviour action, poor behaviour, lack of integrity etc is not rife throughout the authority. In fact the silence from those at the top suggest something to the contrary. Many people view those who work for the council with suspicion, distrust, caution and disdain and this saga with George Lord does very little to change people's perception of how council staff and councillors operate.[/p][/quote]WilkoJ, as much as some may not like what you say (and I suspect that they will be council staff themselves), you do have a valid point about the conduct of council officers and councillors, and it is time their behaviour came under scrutiny to ensure that those who are in post to serve the tax payer are fit for purpose and are of utmost integrity, in and outside of work. After all, these public servants should be setting an example on decency and good behaviour. If we are trying to get MPs in to line, why not do the same at local government level with officers and councillors, and County Hall is a good place to start. When was the last time someone could say that they genuinely trust a council worker or said they done an excellent job as would be expected of their role? Very few people I expect.[/p][/quote]Prejudice, prejudice, prejudice and hot air - that's all we hear from you on the subject of the public sector. Clearly there are areas of the public sector which could be run more efficiently, but the same applies to the private sector - banks anyone? The vast majority of my former co-workers at the County Council, worked hard for their community, making the most of inadequate resources and administering often cockeyed central government legislation. The Doosra

10:29am Thu 5 Apr 12

140354 says...

I don't know all the details and probably neither do all of those baying for this man's blood. Nowadays we have very tight laws on sexual harrasment etc but he grew up in a time when wolf whistling, a pat on the backside etc etc were acceptable (to both sexes) so perhaps his perspective on what constituted a 'sex offence' was a bit different from those of today. Therefore I would support a degree of leniency and understanding... I do not condone his actions but it's not my job to judge him either. Perhaps a prison sentence along with some counselling is appropriate. If (as a nation) we can free the Lockerbie bomber who killed hundreds (KILLED HUNDREDS!!!) because he was ill then shouldn't we be able to find some compassion for an old chap who did an awful lot of good in his life but made some mistakes.
I don't know all the details and probably neither do all of those baying for this man's blood. Nowadays we have very tight laws on sexual harrasment etc but he grew up in a time when wolf whistling, a pat on the backside etc etc were acceptable (to both sexes) so perhaps his perspective on what constituted a 'sex offence' was a bit different from those of today. Therefore I would support a degree of leniency and understanding... I do not condone his actions but it's not my job to judge him either. Perhaps a prison sentence along with some counselling is appropriate. If (as a nation) we can free the Lockerbie bomber who killed hundreds (KILLED HUNDREDS!!!) because he was ill then shouldn't we be able to find some compassion for an old chap who did an awful lot of good in his life but made some mistakes. 140354

11:47am Thu 5 Apr 12

CJH says...

140354, who told you it was acceptable to both sexes? What an arrogant and ill-informed statement to make. It was never acceptable. It was tolerated unfortunately because we (women) had little or no recourse in the work place to stop it happening.
140354, who told you it was acceptable to both sexes? What an arrogant and ill-informed statement to make. It was never acceptable. It was tolerated unfortunately because we (women) had little or no recourse in the work place to stop it happening. CJH

12:07pm Thu 5 Apr 12

pinkfluff says...

I don't believe the courts hand out prison sentences for a 'cheeky' slap on the bottom from an old chap.

It is extremely offensive to the victims to even try to excuse this man's behaviour. It's because of those attitudes that sexual assult, grooming, rape do not go reported. The damage you do to women with those comments last a lifetime and disempower women.

Is it because these types crimes are mostly commited against women that they don't count?

Would your opinions be different if he had done this to your mother, wife, sister, daughter @ 140354?
I don't believe the courts hand out prison sentences for a 'cheeky' slap on the bottom from an old chap. It is extremely offensive to the victims to even try to excuse this man's behaviour. It's because of those attitudes that sexual assult, grooming, rape do not go reported. The damage you do to women with those comments last a lifetime and disempower women. Is it because these types crimes are mostly commited against women that they don't count? Would your opinions be different if he had done this to your mother, wife, sister, daughter @ 140354? pinkfluff

1:50pm Thu 5 Apr 12

140354 says...

You have to accept that this medium is not the best for in depth conversations about complex matters such as this. I'm sorry if my brief thoughts on the matter caused offence or were misinterpreted (which they were).

I did not excuse his actions ... In fact I specifically said that I did not condone his actions and that prison was appropriate but maybe I should just stick with 'throw away the keys', 'castrate him' etc etc... that is obviously what people prefer to read.
You have to accept that this medium is not the best for in depth conversations about complex matters such as this. I'm sorry if my brief thoughts on the matter caused offence or were misinterpreted (which they were). I did not excuse his actions ... In fact I specifically said that I did not condone his actions and that prison was appropriate but maybe I should just stick with 'throw away the keys', 'castrate him' etc etc... that is obviously what people prefer to read. 140354

1:58pm Thu 5 Apr 12

Ex-Worcester boy says...

140354 you have really failed the feelings of normal people commenting on this medium. I note a lot of support for the argument the ladies have stated. Lord is one sick man and no matter what period the said crimes took place they were never ever legal or acceptable.
140354 you have really failed the feelings of normal people commenting on this medium. I note a lot of support for the argument the ladies have stated. Lord is one sick man and no matter what period the said crimes took place they were never ever legal or acceptable. Ex-Worcester boy

2:02pm Thu 5 Apr 12

CJH says...

Yes you did cause offence, but I have not misinterpreted your comment. This is what I object strongly to: "he grew up in a time when wolf whistling, a pat on the backside etc etc were acceptable (to both sexes)". On what planet would that ever be acceptable? Who gave you the right to speak for all women?
Yes you did cause offence, but I have not misinterpreted your comment. This is what I object strongly to: "he grew up in a time when wolf whistling, a pat on the backside etc etc were acceptable (to both sexes)". On what planet would that ever be acceptable? Who gave you the right to speak for all women? CJH

2:14pm Thu 5 Apr 12

pinkfluff says...

@140354 I have noticed that you avoided my question, that's your perogative.

Your comments do lean towards there being mitigating circumstances surrounding his behaviour, e.g, his age and the views of society when he was growing up. I think this is a little disrespectful for people of a similar age. I feel that they would not agree that a sexual relationship with a 14 year old girl is ever acceptable.

And yes people are baying for blood but that is a relfection of the deep feelings that this case has stirred up....they have every right to feel appalled and disgusted.

And finally, no I don't believe there is room for an in depth conversation about this subject. It's inexcusable behaviour and it is dangerous to try and do so.
@140354 I have noticed that you avoided my question, that's your perogative. Your comments do lean towards there being mitigating circumstances surrounding his behaviour, e.g, his age and the views of society when he was growing up. I think this is a little disrespectful for people of a similar age. I feel that they would not agree that a sexual relationship with a 14 year old girl is ever acceptable. And yes people are baying for blood but that is a relfection of the deep feelings that this case has stirred up....they have every right to feel appalled and disgusted. And finally, no I don't believe there is room for an in depth conversation about this subject. It's inexcusable behaviour and it is dangerous to try and do so. pinkfluff

4:59pm Fri 6 Apr 12

CJH says...

140354 wrote:
As conversation is out I suggest you read this... http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Age_of_cons ent_manifestations_( UK)
But the age of consent is NOT 14 is it? It wasn't when the original incidents took place or last year.
You did not answer the questions I put to you in my post at 2.02 pm 5 April. Nor did you respond to Pinkfluff. If you have no defence then we would think better of you if you just put your hands up and said ok I was wrong in making these statements, let's leave it at that. Failing that please provide your evidence that women have ever found sexual misconduct acceptable. I don't think you'll find it on Wikipedia though...
[quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: As conversation is out I suggest you read this... http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Age_of_cons ent_manifestations_( UK)[/p][/quote]But the age of consent is NOT 14 is it? It wasn't when the original incidents took place or last year. You did not answer the questions I put to you in my post at 2.02 pm 5 April. Nor did you respond to Pinkfluff. If you have no defence then we would think better of you if you just put your hands up and said ok I was wrong in making these statements, let's leave it at that. Failing that please provide your evidence that women have ever found sexual misconduct acceptable. I don't think you'll find it on Wikipedia though... CJH

5:18pm Fri 6 Apr 12

FranOb says...

A wolf whistle, or even a pat on the anatomy are miles different from what he did. He groomed and abused a CHILD!
There was never a time when THAT was acceptable.
A wolf whistle, or even a pat on the anatomy are miles different from what he did. He groomed and abused a CHILD! There was never a time when THAT was acceptable. FranOb

7:38pm Fri 6 Apr 12

jovialcommonsense says...

CJH
"Failing that please provide your evidence that women have ever found sexual misconduct acceptable"
You will find plenty of reports in national newspapers where women have been involved in depraved activity with children and adults.
However I know you didn't mean that, but I decided to take you literally like you do others.
CJH "Failing that please provide your evidence that women have ever found sexual misconduct acceptable" You will find plenty of reports in national newspapers where women have been involved in depraved activity with children and adults. However I know you didn't mean that, but I decided to take you literally like you do others. jovialcommonsense

8:03pm Fri 6 Apr 12

CJH says...

jovialcommonsense wrote:
CJH "Failing that please provide your evidence that women have ever found sexual misconduct acceptable" You will find plenty of reports in national newspapers where women have been involved in depraved activity with children and adults. However I know you didn't mean that, but I decided to take you literally like you do others.
Oh I see - so you said it, but you didn't mean it. Of course, I should have guessed. However, you've sunk even lower in my opinion now with your defence of "You will find plenty of reports in national newspapers where women have been involved in depraved activity with children and adults". What on earth has that got to do with women being the victims of sexual misconduct? You are trivialising the experiences that some women have been through. You know full well that those are the exception, not the rule. You're on the back foot here, so just carry your bat and walk back to the pavilion while you still have some dignity.
[quote][p][bold]jovialcommonsense[/bold] wrote: CJH "Failing that please provide your evidence that women have ever found sexual misconduct acceptable" You will find plenty of reports in national newspapers where women have been involved in depraved activity with children and adults. However I know you didn't mean that, but I decided to take you literally like you do others.[/p][/quote]Oh I see - so you said it, but you didn't mean it. Of course, I should have guessed. However, you've sunk even lower in my opinion now with your defence of "You will find plenty of reports in national newspapers where women have been involved in depraved activity with children and adults". What on earth has that got to do with women being the victims of sexual misconduct? You are trivialising the experiences that some women have been through. You know full well that those are the exception, not the rule. You're on the back foot here, so just carry your bat and walk back to the pavilion while you still have some dignity. CJH

10:09pm Fri 6 Apr 12

jovialcommonsense says...

CJH wrote:
140354 wrote:
As conversation is out I suggest you read this... http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Age_of_cons ent_manifestations_( UK)
But the age of consent is NOT 14 is it? It wasn't when the original incidents took place or last year.
You did not answer the questions I put to you in my post at 2.02 pm 5 April. Nor did you respond to Pinkfluff. If you have no defence then we would think better of you if you just put your hands up and said ok I was wrong in making these statements, let's leave it at that. Failing that please provide your evidence that women have ever found sexual misconduct acceptable. I don't think you'll find it on Wikipedia though...
No mention of VICTIMS in this post. Therefore my comment was perfectly justified.
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: As conversation is out I suggest you read this... http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Age_of_cons ent_manifestations_( UK)[/p][/quote]But the age of consent is NOT 14 is it? It wasn't when the original incidents took place or last year. You did not answer the questions I put to you in my post at 2.02 pm 5 April. Nor did you respond to Pinkfluff. If you have no defence then we would think better of you if you just put your hands up and said ok I was wrong in making these statements, let's leave it at that. Failing that please provide your evidence that women have ever found sexual misconduct acceptable. I don't think you'll find it on Wikipedia though...[/p][/quote]No mention of VICTIMS in this post. Therefore my comment was perfectly justified. jovialcommonsense

11:23pm Fri 6 Apr 12

CJH says...

Absolutely hopeless, or pointless, I don't know which.
Absolutely hopeless, or pointless, I don't know which. CJH

11:48pm Fri 6 Apr 12

jovialcommonsense says...

At last you are trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to figure out what has been written.
You have read what others have written and attacked those you disagreed with, by reading literally what was written and have not tried to understand their meanings.
That is what I was trying to make you aware of.
At last you are trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to figure out what has been written. You have read what others have written and attacked those you disagreed with, by reading literally what was written and have not tried to understand their meanings. That is what I was trying to make you aware of. jovialcommonsense

4:27pm Mon 9 Apr 12

twixy123 says...

we have a CONVICTED peodaphile living opposite us, he has been in jail for this crime 3 times, my children want to play out over the easter, when i tell them NO how do i follow it with an explination, no wonder kids are unfit and sat infront of a computer. You just can't let them out to play anymore because of people like this. he did the crime, no matter what age he can do the time, as for the council.............
well where do you start?
we have a CONVICTED peodaphile living opposite us, he has been in jail for this crime 3 times, my children want to play out over the easter, when i tell them NO how do i follow it with an explination, no wonder kids are unfit and sat infront of a computer. You just can't let them out to play anymore because of people like this. he did the crime, no matter what age he can do the time, as for the council............. well where do you start? twixy123

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree