Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting WN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Man, 70, held a knife in back of a friend
A 70-YEAR-old man who has been accused of assaulting a female friend in her home says it was staged with the victim’s consent.
Michael Blick, of Greenacres, St Johns, Worcester, had been friends with the alleged victim for about 30 years before she accused him of grabbing her round the neck and holding a knife to her back in an unprovoked attack.
Following the incident he was released on bail on condition he did not contact the alleged victim either directly or indirectly.
Blick admitted breaching these conditions on Sunday, August 5, when he contacted the woman and the call was answered by police officers waiting at the house.
Kerry Lovegrove, prosecuting, said: “Police attended her house after she said Blick had been calling non-stop. While the police were there the number rang and they answered. The officer recognised the defendant’s voice. “He said, ‘Michael this is the police’ and Michael said, ‘Oh no’ and hung up.
“The original incident began when they were watching TV at her home and he jumped up and kicked a vase.
“He went to the kitchen and returned with a kitchen knife.
“He was waving it in the air, she felt very scared and thought she was going to be hurt. She went to the bathroom and called the police before returning.
“He grabbed hold of her around the neck and placed the knife in the base of her back.
“She believes as he is contacting her by telephone he may try to come to her address.”
Mr Stanley said as Blick was unable to read it was unlikely he had called the alleged victim without being instructed to.
“He accepts making the phone call,” said Mr Stanley. “He says she has contacted him. Surprisingly, the PC that knows Blick was there at the time he called.
“That is something I am suspicious of.
“He says the assault was staged at her request. “This is a man who is extremely vulnerable. He is currently under care. “This lady has manipulated him in a fashion to do what he has done.”
Worcester Magistrates granted bail again to return to court on Friday, October 5, when he will answer the original assault charge.