Construction underway on St John's House Medical Centre

Construction underway on St John's House Medical Centre

Images of St Johns House Medical Centre

Construction underway on St Johns House Medical Centre

First published in Worcester
Last updated
by , Reporter

CONSTRUCTION is now underway on the new St John's House Medical Centre.

Contractors have started on the site at University Park, off Bromyard Road, as the new centre moved a step closer to fruition.

GPs from St Johns House Surgery and specialist healthcare developer, Prime (UK) Developments, successfully completed all the legal documentation last week.

The surgery, which will be renamed St Johns House Medical Centre when it opens, is expected to be completed in winter 2013 and will form part of the business, science, health and enterprise park being developed by University of Worcester.

Patients, NHS Worcestershire and the area’s councillors have been among those involved in helping to shape plans for the new medical centre, which were unanimously approved by Worcester City Council last year.

Bob Smaylen, development director at Prime, said: “We are pleased to have reached the next milestone in the development of St Johns House Medical Centre, which will bring improved healthcare facilities to the residents of Worcester.

“It’s been enjoyable to work alongside the St Johns House GPs to realise their vision for a purpose-built centre that is suited to their needs as a growing practice.

“We’re now looking forward to seeing these plans realised over the next 12 months.”

The new surgery will help form the gateway to the wider university campus and boasts a split floor plan featuring two wings branching off from a central reception area.

Dr Mark Young, the GP leading the project, added: “We are delighted construction has begun and that our patients can look forward to much improved facilities next year.

“The location on the new University Park will also help us to strengthen our existing commitment to teaching and training in healthcare.”

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:43pm Tue 12 Feb 13

Budweis-her says...

Completed in winter 2013? They'd better get a move on then!
Completed in winter 2013? They'd better get a move on then! Budweis-her
  • Score: 1

1:24pm Tue 12 Feb 13

jovialcommonsense says...

Budweis-her wrote:
Completed in winter 2013? They'd better get a move on then!
Gives them 10 months almost.
[quote][p][bold]Budweis-her[/bold] wrote: Completed in winter 2013? They'd better get a move on then![/p][/quote]Gives them 10 months almost. jovialcommonsense
  • Score: 0

1:38pm Tue 12 Feb 13

keep it real says...

Well that's good news, lets hope they can actually answer the phone within 10 minutes and you can actually get an appointment at the new surgery!!
Well that's good news, lets hope they can actually answer the phone within 10 minutes and you can actually get an appointment at the new surgery!! keep it real
  • Score: 1

2:13pm Tue 12 Feb 13

The Kop says...

keep it real wrote:
Well that's good news, lets hope they can actually answer the phone within 10 minutes and you can actually get an appointment at the new surgery!!
Don't hold your breath, since Haresfield House was moved to the nice new building on Newtown Road the appointment system has got worse. Don't even try and get an appointment on the same day as ringing or even the next.
[quote][p][bold]keep it real[/bold] wrote: Well that's good news, lets hope they can actually answer the phone within 10 minutes and you can actually get an appointment at the new surgery!![/p][/quote]Don't hold your breath, since Haresfield House was moved to the nice new building on Newtown Road the appointment system has got worse. Don't even try and get an appointment on the same day as ringing or even the next. The Kop
  • Score: 1

6:40pm Tue 12 Feb 13

CJH says...

The Kop wrote:
keep it real wrote: Well that's good news, lets hope they can actually answer the phone within 10 minutes and you can actually get an appointment at the new surgery!!
Don't hold your breath, since Haresfield House was moved to the nice new building on Newtown Road the appointment system has got worse. Don't even try and get an appointment on the same day as ringing or even the next.
But at least you can park there without performing contortions as you have to currently at St Johns House Surgery! I'd swap easy appointments for easy parking any day.
[quote][p][bold]The Kop[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keep it real[/bold] wrote: Well that's good news, lets hope they can actually answer the phone within 10 minutes and you can actually get an appointment at the new surgery!![/p][/quote]Don't hold your breath, since Haresfield House was moved to the nice new building on Newtown Road the appointment system has got worse. Don't even try and get an appointment on the same day as ringing or even the next.[/p][/quote]But at least you can park there without performing contortions as you have to currently at St Johns House Surgery! I'd swap easy appointments for easy parking any day. CJH
  • Score: 0

7:20pm Tue 12 Feb 13

pinkfluff says...

I was constantly being fobbed off so I left St John's House soon after Henwick Halt was built. I finally got the treatment I needed and have never looked back. Been a very happy bunny since my surgery 18 months ago. The appointment system is much better too. Lovely doctor's and lovely staff.
I was constantly being fobbed off so I left St John's House soon after Henwick Halt was built. I finally got the treatment I needed and have never looked back. Been a very happy bunny since my surgery 18 months ago. The appointment system is much better too. Lovely doctor's and lovely staff. pinkfluff
  • Score: -2

12:50pm Wed 13 Feb 13

Budweis-her says...

jovialcommonsense wrote:
Budweis-her wrote:
Completed in winter 2013? They'd better get a move on then!
Gives them 10 months almost.
It's winter 2013 now!
[quote][p][bold]jovialcommonsense[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Budweis-her[/bold] wrote: Completed in winter 2013? They'd better get a move on then![/p][/quote]Gives them 10 months almost.[/p][/quote]It's winter 2013 now! Budweis-her
  • Score: -1

1:09pm Wed 13 Feb 13

jovialcommonsense says...

Budweis-her wrote:
jovialcommonsense wrote:
Budweis-her wrote:
Completed in winter 2013? They'd better get a move on then!
Gives them 10 months almost.
It's winter 2013 now!
It's winter 2013 in December 2013 as well!
[quote][p][bold]Budweis-her[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jovialcommonsense[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Budweis-her[/bold] wrote: Completed in winter 2013? They'd better get a move on then![/p][/quote]Gives them 10 months almost.[/p][/quote]It's winter 2013 now![/p][/quote]It's winter 2013 in December 2013 as well! jovialcommonsense
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree