WORCESTER Wolves produced a second-half display described by coach Paul James as "stunning" on their way to winning 93-63 at Plymouth Raiders.

This latest triumph was Wolves’ 10th in a row and cemented their place at the top of the British Basketball League.

Will Creekmore tallied 18 points and 17 rebounds, while Zaire Taylor registered 17 points, eight rebounds and six assists.

Matt Pressey and Gabe Haskins scored 13 and 11 points for Plymouth respectively.

James said: “We started well, but then stepped back in the second quarter. After the break we were simply stunning.

"It was some of the best defence I’ve seen all season. Players were helping each other out and just so determined to stand firm.

"By the end we had Plymouth running up blind alleys. We also successfully adjusted on offence, with players sharing the ball more and moving their feet more quickly.”

Trailing by a couple of points at half-time, Worcester blasted to a 31-7 run over the next 10 minutes, demoralising their hosts and killing off the contest.

Former Plymouth centre Andreas Schreiber won the ball from the tip-off and was in the right spot again five minutes later to dunk the ball home, tying the scores at 7-7.

Another ex-Raider, Jamal Williams, enjoyed netting against his previous employers to make it 18-13 in the last minute of the opening quarter.

The second period began with a double of three-pointers from either side. Sam Martin and Louis Sayers were on target for Plymouth, sandwiching replies from Williams and captain Alex Owumi. After Kai Williams hit five consecutive points, things looked rosy for Wolves at 32-24 with seven minutes to go before the interval.

However, the visitors would have to wait until the final minute of the half before they would again trouble the scoreboard. In the meantime Plymouth stepped up a gear, led by their Great Britain forward Nick George. Only five late points from Daniel Belgrave kept Worcester within touching distance at 41-39.

After the break, Wolves put a lid over their basket, limiting Raiders to a mere two baskets from the field during the third quarter, and only five more over the entire second-half.

In the first 10 seconds, centre Creekmore took an assist from Owumi to level matters at 41-41 and watched Owumi nail his own score a moment later.

Several offensive rebounds set up a Creekmore triple, helping Wolves race into a 52-43 lead and forcing Plymouth coach Jay Marriott to call for a time out after just three minutes.

The lull in play did little to hold back Worcester’s onslaught. Point guard Taylor rattled off nine quick points to move his side even further in front at 61-44, and Marriott was again calling for mercy.

But there was to be no respite as Owumi floated in from distance and Kalil Irving confidently slammed the ball through the hoop.

As if the 70-48 margin at the close of the third period was not already enough, the Wolves continued to exert their dominance.

Williams and Belgrave again shone from outside the arc, while Creekmore and Taylor racked up plenty of points from the free throw line.

Still unable to penetrate Worcester’s defensive circle, Raiders would eventually shuffle off court having suffered a 54-22 second-half hammering.