SOLVING the problem of scoring goals is likely to be priority number one for Worcester City next season.

Hitting the target has proved elusive on too many occasions this season and Saturday's draw against Brackley Town only served to underline the point.

City played some neat football and carved out enough chances to have won this Skrill North encounter comfortably.

Instead, it needed Ethan Moore's 66th-minute penalty to earn them a share of the spoils at Aggborough.

Even playing against 10 men for the final quarter of the game, after Brett Solkhan had been sent off for handling Moore's shot for the spot kick, the Blue and Whites couldn't convert their possession into goals.

It perhaps shouldn't come as a surprise therefore that Worcester have scored the fewest number of goals in the league.

By contrast, the visitors had the meanest defence before kick-off and the fact it wasn't breached was more a tale of City's profligacy rather than an outstanding performance by keeper Billy Turley.

Top scorer Daniel Nti, Aaron Brown, Ebby Nelson-Addy and Moore all failed to make the most of opportunities that came their way.

Martin Devaney turned Brackley inside out at times with his box of tricks but was another who couldn't find the net.

Carl Heeley's side, however, are no strangers to keeping teams out themselves but poor finishing meant they had nothing to defend.

It came back to bite them when Ryan Rowe, familiar with Aggborough from his Kidderminster Harriers days, headed home from Glenn Walker's free-kick seven minutes after the interval.

Leigh Bedwell also pulled off good saves to deny Steve Diggin and David Bridges either side of the goal.

Yet, it all added to the drama of a fixture that was full of open, attacking football.

With City safe and Brackley needing a mathematical miracle to reach the play-offs, both sides could have been forgiven for taking it easy.

But they served up an entertaining contest that was appreciated by a crowd swelled by "pay what you want" admission offer.

They finally had something to shout about when Solkhan was harshly judged to have handled in the box in flinging himself in front Moore's shot.

The striker duly did what he had cone on several occasions this term and drove home from 12 yards despite Turley top getting a touch.

Seconds earlier, the game had also developed a niggly edge when Brackley boss Jon Brady was sent to the stands for an episode which saw him refuse to give the ball back to Tyler Weir for a throw-in.

While Brady's actions were petulant, Wayne Thomas didn't help matters by running over and using brute force to resolve the issue, picking up a yellow card for his trouble.

That raised the tension level, which City's equaliser built on and set up a finale in which they could have gone on to secure all three points.

But they continued to lack composure in front of goal.