WORCESTERSHIRE Rapids' NatWest T20 Blast hero Richard Oliver has revealed he has two more weeks to convince the club whether or not he should be offered a contract.
Oliver has a June 14 deadline when he will discover if his efforts when on trial with the County will have sufficiently impressed director of cricket Steve Rhodes to extend his stay.
The opening batsman plundered 77 off just 43 balls in Friday's five-wicket win over T20 holders Northamptonshire Steebacks at New Road.
Oliver had also scored 43 against Durham Jets and 34 against Lancashire Lightning before making just four in the win over Nottinghamshire Outlaws.
The 24-year-old said: "I've got two weeks left. June 14 is deadline day and that's when I know if they will hire or fire me.
"There is still a lot of work to do, I'm not going to rest on my laurels. I really want to bang the door down and make an impression in the six weeks I'm here.
"As regards a contract, you want to put yourself in a position where they can't not sign you and that is easier said than done.
"I just want to keep turning up, winning games and hopefully that will be enough to keep me around for a while."
Rhodes agreed that Oliver, who is 12th man for the current LV = County Championship with Surrey, was making a convincing case to be offered a contract.
He said: "Definitely so. He has had contributions in three of the four games so far and he is really well liked at the club, gets on well with the guys and is showing what a good player he is.
"Somewhere down the line, you can't play like that without getting a go. He doesn't look out of place and that is what has impressed me. "
Rhodes confirmed all-rounder Gareth Andrew is not yet ready to return to first-team action because of his back problem.
He said: "Gareth is looking like being out for about another two-and-a-half weeks, something like that.
"He will potentially play in the second team as a batsman but he's got to stay off the bowling a little bit. "