WORCESTER City remain winless after losing to 10-man Guiseley in Vanarama Conference North.

After drawing their previous two games, City were unable to leave Nethermoor Park with anything.

Fourth-from-bottom Worcester started the game well, keeping possession and minimising leaders Guiseley.

They should have taken the lead when Daniel Nti was found at the back post in the area from a corner but he aimed his header towards the ground and the ball bounced just wide.

Guiseley created a chance of their own with Wayne Brooksby producing a low cross to find defender Ben Parker, who stretched and got his foot to the ball but his effort sailed over the bar.

City conceded soon after that chance with the hosts taking the lead in the 28th minute.

Brooksby delivered a cross into the area and Danny Forrest was free before he had the simple task of nodding the ball past keeper Nathan Vaughan, who could not prevent the goal.

The main moment before half-time was a coming-together between Gavin Rothery and Nti in the centre circle. The incident resulted in a yellow card apiece being handed out, which would prove costly for the home side’s midfielder later on in the match.

The start of the second-half almost saw Guiseley double their lead when Brooksby’s cross found Forrest in the area.

He chested the ball down and on the half-volley fired towards goal but Vaughan was able to push the ball into the air and then collect it on the rebound.

As the second-half went on, City started to push forward as the West Yorkshire outfit dropped deeper.

They nearly equalised when Nick Wright cut inside and powered the ball through the legs of Guiseley defender Danny Ellis but his shot hit the outside of the right upright and went out of play.

Worcester then should have equalised with Rothery producing a short back-pass to keeper Steve Drench.

Wright was able to take the ball past the keeper but his first touch had too much on it and the ball went out of play.

The keeper was effectively beaten and that proved to be the last big chance for City.

Despite pushing even more men forward going into the final 10 minutes, City substitute Tristian Dunkley fired just over from outside of the penalty area.

During the latter stages, Guiseley had Rothery sent off for a second bookable offence with Nti being brought down as he surged towards the Guiseley area.

But, as Worcester tried to create a chance in injury-time, the only efforts involved a couple of crosses that went out of play and did not test Guiseley as City ended up being defeated.