DANIEL Nti will rightly get the plaudits for scoring the two penalties that saw Worcester City win at the sixth time of asking.

The striker, last season’s top-scorer, finally got off the mark this campaign with a brace of spot-kicks in the last 17 minutes at Aggborough as the Blue and Whites came from behind against the early league leaders.

But, while Nti stuck the ball in the net, the star of the show was left-winger Tristan Dunkley, whose arrival as a 63rd-minute substitute changed the game.

City, trailing to Liam King’s fourth-minute scrambled goal, were in need of something different in pursuit of a way back and Dunkley provided it.

The former Loughborough University speedster, brother of Kidderminster’s Chey, had North Ferriby back-pedalling from the moment he stepped on to the pitch.

His pace and trickery was too much for Mark Gray who, after being booked for a clumsy challenge on the player, was taken out of the firing line by manager Billy Heath.

Nathan Peat moved across the defence to track Dunkley but was equally flummoxed and succeeded only in tripping the youngster in the box for penalty number one.

Nti converted despite keeper Adam Nicklin getting a hand to the ball.

The second arrived three minutes from time as Mike Symons, having been played in by Dunkley, was dragged to the ground by Matt Wilson in trying to get a shot away.

The North Ferriby skipper was lucky to only see yellow for his challenge.

This time Nicklin got even closer to keeping the ball out but it bounced over the line and Nti won’t be bothered in the slightest.

He showed little emotion in the aftermath but the striker, who himself has come up through the Loughborough ranks, must have been turning somersaults inside.

There would also have been a sense of relief as Nti squandered two gilt-edged chances in the first-half to send his side in at the break ahead.

On both occasions, when clean through, he struck the ball straight at the body of Nicklin.

But it was no more than Worcester deserved as they fought back from a slow start in which keeper Nathan Vaughan was fortunate to see Nathan Jarman’s effort hit the post after he gifted the ball to the striker with a sloppy pass.

The match became increasingly feisty, threatening to boil over several times, with City fuming at some decisions from referee Simon Barrow and his assistants, not least a questionable offside flag against Nick Wright in the first-half.

Centre-half Wayne Thomas suffered a cut near to his eye in a bruising battle with Tom Denton and finished the game sporting a bandage.

But it was City, via Nti and Dunkley, who came out on top in the end.