DROITWICH Spa marked their first FA Vase game by pulling off a shock with a 3-1 win at higher-ranked Pegasus Juniors.

The Midland League Division Two side beat their West Midlands League Premier Division hosts after extra-time in the first qualifying round tie.

The Saltmen dominated early on in Hereford with Max Crisp, Haydn Morris and James Lemon all testing keeper Stuart Turpin.

Lemon's effort from 12 yards hit the post and Pegasus failed to trouble Spa keeper Matt Oliver in the first period.

Droitwich stalwart Andy Crowther, on his return from a hamstring injury, pulled up on 32 minutes.

His replacement Nick Seabourne made an early return from an ankle fracture and as Spa's personnel and tactics changed so did the game.

Pegasus enjoyed more possession but Spa's back-line and midfield stood firm.

But the hosts went ahead on 55 minutes when a ball down the wing was latched onto by Ben Price and he produced a delicate chip over the onrushing Oliver.

The chances started to come for Spa in the final quarter with Morris hitting the angle of post and bar as well as forcing a save from Turpin.

There were also near-misses for Crisp, Bradley Burgess and Lemon.

But there was late drama in the 94th minute as Matt Hunt headed in Crisp's corner to send the tie to extra-time.

Turpin was then at his best to deny Lemon and Burgess.

On 98 minutes a deep cross from Curtis Townley was met by Lemon to put the visitors ahead for the first time.

Pegasus ran out of steam and on 117 minutes good work from substitute Dan Cottrill and Lemon down the right teed up Burgess whose clinical finish sealed the win.

Droitwich travel to Shifnal Town in the second qualifying round on Saturday, September 23.

In other Vase ties Bewdley Town went down 4-1 at home to Rugby Town but Wellington won 4-2 at Shawbury United.

Westfields defeated Stapenhill 4-2 thanks to Alex Hainault, Richard Greaves, Kingsford Djei and Craig Jones to book a home tie with Daventry Town.

Littleton won 3-2 at Cadbury Athletic with Stuart Hall, Dan Carter and Joe Adams on target as they now head to Wellington in the next round.

Malvern Town lost 4-1 at home to Smethwick with 16-year-old Josh Edwards scoring on his debut while Bromyard Town crashed 7-1 at Cradley Town.

Pershore Town held higher-ranked hosts Whitchurch Alport 4-4 after extra-time before going out 4-3 on penalties.

Town shocked their unbeaten hosts after two minutes when Daniel Priest gave keeper Danny Read no chance with a fierce free-kick.

After 13 minutes a huge clearance from keeper Chris Rich sent Priest clear and he cut in to calmly lob the keeper.

The hosts hit back as Dean Twigg and Luke Walley pulled them level before half-time.

Nick Marley put them ahead in the second half and Rich dropped a shot over his head to put Whitchurch 4-2 ahead.

But Pershore responded with two goals from new signing Callum Devlin who also plays for Worcester City.

Whitchurch had a man sent off for a bad tackle in extra-time but Town could not capitalise and then were edged out on sudden-death penalties.

Both keepers did well with Pav Tomczak, David Wilson and Mitch Butterworth scoring for Town.