MALVERN Town ended a run of three games without a win by beating Dudley Town 3-0 in the West Midlands League Premier Division at the HDanywhere Community Stadium.

Manager Les Jones welcomed back Kyonn Evans from Worcester City, Lewis Platt from Westfields and Louis Loader from Cirencester Town.

But Town were without Max Kontic-Coveney, Mason Mansfield, Sean Smith, Luke Molloy and Josh Weatherby.

Malvern made a strong start but faced a Dudley side who kept 10 men behind the ball and also played the offside trap.

Matt Turner's shot was deflected away for a corner in the fifth minute and then he was denied by a defender's sliced clearance from Platt's left-wing cross as the forward was about to pounce.

Dudley keeper Ash Horton pulled off a double save to deny Turner and Evans.

By the 53rd minute frustrated Malvern were still searching for the winner and Harry Wickett raced into the box but chose to pass rather than shoot.

But a minute later the ball was played to Evans who steadied himself and then fired the opening goal into the net.

In the 60th minute a Loader corner curled and landed just on top of the net.

Five minutes later Town had increased their lead when Evans ran into the box and Horton blocked his first shot but the forward then passed for Platt to fire home.

Evans increased the scoreline five minutes from time, neatly trapping the ball and scoring after Matt Fusco's ball evaded the Dudley defence.

Malvern could have added more than three goals but Platt shot wide and Evans was denied a hat-trick on his return by Horton's penalty save.

The late spot-kick was awarded when Wickett was fouled.

Malvern go on the road this month with five of the six games away from home.

On Saturday fourth-placed Town travel to Ellesmere Rangers (3pm) while the under 21s are at home to Kington Town Reserves in the Herefordshire FA League Premier Division (2.30pm).

They lost 4-1 at Westfields Reserves last weekend and are 11th after two wins and a draw from eight games.