LEDBURY got their Midlands Three West (South) campaign back on track with a 46-12 win over local rivals Upton under the Ross Road floodlights.

Winger Dan Sewell enjoyed a stunning evening with a five-try haul in front of a good crowd.

Ledbury needed to bounce back from a 31-17 defeat at Shipston-on-Stour after being ahead and letting it slip but the response was immediate.

Their fast, attacking rugby blew away Upton in the first half.

On numerous occasions Ledbury were quicker to the breakdown, securing possession and enabling Kieram Hallam to guide the backs into the spaces to keep the ball going forward.

Sewell had a night of good fortune with two well-worked tries within 10 minutes alongside one conversion from George Bennion for an early lead of 12-0.

Ledbury's speed of play was a threat throughout and allowed young Marcus Ballinger to gain yards.

He was soon rewarded after chasing a kick downfield, earning a penalty and going quickly to score.

Sewell was soon back on the scoresheet, getting his hat-trick by working off his wing to create the overlap and touch down but with no conversion.

When Upton did have ball they got into some good shape, making small ground up the field but were unable to keep it for long.

With quick recycling to the backline and some handy footwork by Hallam, Bennion scored and convert his own try.

The half ended with Ben Smith grabbing a drop-kick for a knock-on advantage to make it 34-0.

Ledbury’s second-half performance was slowed down by a hard-working Upton defence and injuries in the back row meant Ledbury lost their flow.

This did not stop Sewell from grabbing two more tries with one converted.

Undaunted Upton scored two well-worked tries in reply.

The under eights and nines from Ledbury juniors showed their skills off with a mini-game at half-time.

Ledbury’s next challenge will be Willenhall at home on Saturday in the RFU Midlands Senior Vase second round (3pm).

Upton travelled with a weakened team with both skipper and vice-captain Max Macfarlane and James Gammon out as well as full-back Dan Aldersey and second row James Phipps.

Matt Dunwell and Rich Clive put in some great hits and Joe Pantling got more second-half control at fly-half.

Their tries arrived when prop Dave Humphreys broke down the wing and offloaded out of the back of his hand to Joe Ayres who sped through to score.

Then Clive buried himself over the line after Ayres and Humphreys again combined to go close.

Rob Heeley converted one to give Upton a consolation.