ANOTHER two goals from striker Dave Reynolds helped ease Worcester City to a convincing 5-0 victory over AFC Wulfunians.

And joint boss Lee Hughes believes the former Malvern Town hotshot has what it takes to play at a higher level.

Brad Birch opened City’s tally but Reynolds put the game out of the Black Country visitors’ reach as he netted midway through the half and then moments before the interval.

Veteran Mark Danks came off the bench to wrap things up with two goals in the final 20 minutes of the Midland League Premier Division clash.

Hughes said of Reynolds: “He’s doing brilliantly. He works his socks off, is a good team player and I’m really enjoying playing alongside him.

“I’ve always said as long as you get the service then they're the same size goals in every league so I think he could go higher.

"The defenders are a bit better the higher up you play but he has that instinct which I can see in him.

“The football we played going forward was really good to watch.

"There are loads of goals in this side and the supporters have seen we are an attacking team and that’s just what we drill into them in training. 

“We scored two early goals but they had a chance before that which was disappointing for us and it needed Gwynny (Matt Gwynne) to make a great save.

"After that it was nice to get those goals because it settled us down a little and we went on to dominate the game.”

The Gwynne save came after just five minutes with the City keeper spreading himself to block a Craig Stevens effort after the Wulfs midfielder lost his marker at a set-piece.

But from then on it was one-way traffic and the Blue and Whites made their pressure count on 12 minutes when Hughes’ low cross from the left was drilled in from close range by Brad Birch.

City doubled their tally on 23 minutes when Jamie Smith’s shot was diverted past the wrong-footed Wulfs keeper by Reynolds before Hughes put a penalty wide of the target, injuring himself in the process.

The visitors created chances late in the half with Matt Hunt having a header cleared off the line by Tyler Weir and Gwynne pulling off an excellent reflex save from Stevens four minutes before the break.

But the fight was sucked out of the visitors on the stroke of half-time when a delightful right-wing Matt Birley cross picked out Reynolds who headed beyond keeper John Bateman.

Danks, a first-half replacement for Hughes, added his name to the scoresheet on 66 minutes when he latched on to a peach of a pass from Reynolds before slipping the ball past the keeper.

Further chances followed in quick succession with Reynolds unlucky not to complete his hat-trick while Wulfs substitute Stanley Anaebonam forced Gwynne into another good save on 89 minutes.

The visitors had Hunt sent off for a second booking late on and the final goal came deep in injury time when Danks again beat the offside trap before firing home.

Hughes added: “We’re really pleased with the result. The lads worked hard again.

"They (Wulfrunians) had a few chances but teams are going to create chances in this league and it’s the way we react to it.

"I thought the response from the players was second to none.”

City: Gwynne, Weir, Griffiths, Fishwick, M Smith, Hayward, Birley (Harris-James 84), Birch, Hughes (Danks 25), Reynolds (Brett 78), J Smith. Subs not used: Baldwin, Albert.

Attendance: 286.