WORCESTER Warriors endured a Ricoh Arena nightmare as they were torn to shreds in a 10-try 62-10 rout against Wasps in the Anglo-Welsh Cup.

Warriors led 10-7 after 26 minutes but conceded 55 points without reply in a humiliating afternoon against their West Midlands rivals.

Second-half replacement Dan Robson notched two tries and caused havoc in open play as Wasps crossed the whitewash seven times after the interval.

Warriors finished with 14 men after Alex Hearle left the field through injury with Max Stelling at fly-half and Matt Cox on the wing.

In addition to the scoreline, Worcester will be concerned by the early departure of Tom Heathcote with a head injury, which left the visitors without a stand-off in the match-day squad.

Two tries from Josh Adams were a highlight but the visitors will be licking their wounds from a miserable defeat.

Warriors made a fast start and, from kick-off, enjoyed multi-phase possession which spanned the length of the field.

Fly-half Heathcote spotted a gap in Wasps’ defence but his try-scoring pass for Michael Dowsett was ruled forward.

Warriors lost fly-half Heathcote through injury in the 13th minute.

Worcester were pinged at a scrum and Connor Eastgate’s drilled penalty to the corner laid the platform for Wasps’ first try in the 19th minute.

After securing the line-out, the hosts shipped the ball to the left and Tom Cruse crashed over in the corner for Eastgate to convert.

However, Warriors hit back almost immediately after winning a penalty 15 metres out.

With Wasps’ defence expecting a shot at the posts, the quick-thinking Dowsett took a quick tap penalty and sent over Adams for his first try.

Stelling, who took over the kicking duties, missed the conversion.

The livewire Adams grabbed his second try in the 26th minute after a spill in midfield from Wasps scrum-half Joe Simpson.

The Swansea-born youngster raced 60 metres to the line with Simpson trailing in his wake.

Wasps profited from a loose kick by Hearle and Tom Howe’s inside pass allowed flanker Thomas Young to cross the whitewash and Eastgate converted.

The try inspired Wasps and they finished the opening period on the front foot, crossing for a third try on the stroke of half-time.

After going through the phases, they worked an opening for replacement Jack Willis, who went over and Eastgate’s conversion rattled the post.

Warriors headed to the interval 19-10 down and Wasps grabbed a fourth try though replacement Dan Robson two minutes into the second half.

Eastgate’s simple conversion stretched the lead to 26-10.

Wasps notched a fifth try eight minutes into the second period after a surging run from Robson, who was hauled down just short.

But Cruse was in support and made the final pass for Brendan Macken to score. Eastgate slotted the conversion.

Robson continued to cause problems, breaking from deep and his kick ahead was gathered by wing Howe for Wasps’ sixth try in the 58th minute.

There was no respite for the visitors and Jacob Umaga raced free for Wasps’ seventh in the 62nd minute with Owain James adding the extras.

Robson showed his fleet of foot to race away for an eighth try with 11 minutes remaining as the hosts reached the half-century mark.

Full-back Piers O’Conor had a simple opening for Wasps’ ninth with two minutes remaining and Warriors’ afternoon was summed up in the last play.

With the clock dead, Cox sliced his kick infield, allowing Robson to set up a second try for Umaga and James added the extras.