THE victim of a 'terrifying' glassing attack who is scarred for life says her attacker 'got what she deserved' after being handed a suspended prison sentence.

Naomi Eades was banned from every pub in Worcester for a year following the attack on Gemma Bradley in a Worcester nightspot, must pay compensation and has to carry out unpaid work.

The victim said Eades had previously 'run off' with her boyfriend, the father of her two children, and the former friends had fallen out before the attack took place.

We reported on the front page of today's Worcester News how 24-year-old Eades of Brickfields Road, Worcester, admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm and received a nine month prison sentence suspended for two years following the attack in the toilets of Alexander's in New Street, Worcester, on February 28.

Today (Thursday) Gemma Bradley, a full-time mum who has a six-year-old son and a two-year-old daughter, said: "She has left me scarred for life. It was terrifying.

"She ran off with my boyfriend a couple of years back. He is the father of my children but we aren't together anymore.

"But I never forgot what she did to me. We used to be friends but after that I couldn't forgive her.

"It was the first time I had seen her in ages. I admit I was giving her dirty looks but I never spilled a drink over her on purpose.

"Then when I was in the toilets we bumped into each other. We didn't say anything but all of a sudden she just pushed the glass she was holding into my face and ran off.

"There was blood everywhere and the club owners had to call an ambulance.

"I was taken to hospital where I needed butterfly stitches to my cheek. My nose was cut as well but that has healed quite well.

"I'm glad she got punished. I'm happy with the sentence. I like that she has to do community service.

"I hope it is a lesson to her that she can't go around throwing glasses at people. She has got what she deserved."

We reported how there had been 'bad blood' between the two over a boyfriend, the father of Miss Bradley's two children.

Eades threw a glass into Miss Bradley's face, causing injuries to her forehead, nose and cheek which needed stitches.

The Recorder, Marcus Tregilgas-Davey, told Eades at Worcester Crown Court that such an attack could have cost Miss Bradley an eye.

Eades was also ordered to complete 300 hours of unpaid work as part of her punishment and pay Miss Bradley £500 in compensation.

Worcester NightSafe took the decision to ban Eades from licensed premises in the city following the attack, including pubs, bars and restaurants.