THEY’VE done it – Hereford FC will play at Wembley in their first season.

The Bulls beat Salisbury 2-1 , 3-1 on aggregate, to reach the FA Vase final.

The final whistle prompted dramatic celebrations in Wiltshire with 650 Hereford fans in unified ecstasy.

Hereford, set up after Hereford United folded, started the match 1-0 up following last weekend’s first-leg win at Edgar Street but had to come from behind to win the second leg with Mike Symons and Joe Tumelty on target.

Hereford started the match brightly with Mustapha Bundu bursting into the Salisbury box before seeing his shot blocked.

The home side’s first chance came on six minutes when Elliot Wheeler headed over from a corner.

Salisbury were noticeably livelier than last week’s first leg at Edgar Street, giving the Bulls no time on the ball.

Bundu had a long-range effort saved before the deadlock was broken on 18 minutes when Stephen Walker was given time to bring the ball down and fire past Martin Horsell.

Salisbury continued to press and a deflected shot was well saved by Horsell.

Five minutes before the break, though, Hereford found the net when a Ross Staley cross was poked in at the back post by former Worcester City forward Symons.

In the second half, Hereford began on front foot and within a minute Nathan Summers had a shot deflected narrowly wide.

Shortly after came a glorious chance for Hereford to edge further in front.

Mustapha Bundu was put clean through by Pablo Haysham but his shot was saved by Salisbury keeper Charlie Searle.

It was now one-way traffic and a succession of Hereford corners threatened the Salisbury goal, although nothing materialised.

Symons was next to have a sniff of the goal but was dispossessed by Perrett as he entered the box.

Bundu then dispossessed Wheeler and drilled a low shot that was comfortably saved.

Then, midway through the half, Wheeler brought down Haysham, giving Bundu the chance to seal it but Searle palmed away the spot-kick.

With Aaron Birch off the pitch, Salisbury forced a corner which went deep but was drilled into the side-netting.

Then, the turning point. Tumelty turned and hit a wonderful shot into the bottom corner to give Hereford breathing space.

Hereford fans, superb throughout, were in dreamland.

Rob Purdie almost added to the scoreline but his free-kick thumped against the post before the final whistle sparked joyous celebrations both in the away end and back in Herefordshire.