HERE are some of the notable cases heard at Worcester Magistrates Court this month.

A man accused of assault in Worcester will stand trial after he denied attacking a man.

Matthew Cushing appeared before magistrates in Worcester accused of assaulting a man in the city on February 21 this year.

41 year-old Cushing, of Woodside, Telford, denied the charges, and will face trial on December 7.

A woman who drove in Worcester with drugs in her system has been fined and banned from driving.

Polly Edwards appeared before magistrates in Worcester on October 16 charged with driving in Worcester with Benzoylecgonine, a by-product of cocaine, in her system.

23 year-old Edwards, from Broadwas, pleaded guilty to the charge, which stated that on December 22 last year, she drove a Nissan Navara in the city with the drug in her system.

She was fined £120 as well as being ordered to pay a £32 victim surcharge and £135 in court costs. She was also banned from driving for 12 months.

A man who drove in Droitwich while over the legal alcohol limit and without insurance has been fined and banned from driving.

David Mears admitted a single charge of having 62 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath while driving in the town on March 20 this year.

The 52 year-old, of Ombersley Road, was banned from driving for 18 months in addition to being fined £140 for drink driving and £120 for driving without insurance.

He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £32 and costs of £200.

An arrest warrant has been issued for a man who failed to attend his hearing in Worcester.

Ben Wood was due to appear before magistrates on October 16 to face a single charge of possession of a bladed instrument. This was alleged to have happened on March 1 this year.

28 year-old Wood, who lives at the Salvation Army in Worcester, failed to attend, so magistrates issued a warrant for his arrest.

A man who failed to follow the conditions of his prison release has been fined.

Iain Oldham, of Littleworth Walk, Evesham, admitted breaching the supervision requirements of his release when he appeared before magistrates on October 16.

The 47 year-old was fined £30 for the breach.