A WOMAN was taken to hospital yesterday morning after a flat-fire in a three storey building.

The woman was taken to Worcestershire Royal Hospital after suffering minor burns in a fire on Broad Street, Worcester.

Firefighters from Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue service went to the fire on July 20.

It happened shortly after 9.30am.

A spokesman from the fire service said two crews were sent to the scene.

They said: "Two Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crews from Worcester Fire Station were called to a house fire in Broad Street, Worcester at 09.46am on July 20.

"A fire in the kitchen of a second-floor flat in a three-storey block was extinguished by two firefighters in breathing apparatus.

"One hosereel jet and positive pressure ventilation were used. There was one female who was taken to A&E. The incident was closed at 12.41pm"

The service posted about the incident on twitter.

The tweet said: "09:46 Broad St #Worcester. Fire in kitchen of first-floor flat. @HWFireWorcs used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel. Fire investigation conducted. One casualty with minor burns"

The Worcester News has contacted West Midlands Ambulance Service for further information.