THE trial to determine whether a man murdered Christina Rowe will take place next week.

Charles Byrne, of Waterworks Road, Worcester, has previously admitted manslaughter of Miss Rowe, but denies her murder.

During a short hearing at Worcester Crown Court this morning the 24-year-old, who appeared on videolink from a hospital wearing a grey top and with bushy hair, spoke only to confirm he could hear the court and to confirm he understood proceedings when asked by Judge James Burbridge.

Prosecutor Andrew Baker explained Bryne's trial for her murder, which is alleged to have taken place between February 9 and 10, had been due to get underway this week but had been put back a week to start on Monday, December 6.

Byrne is also to be tried on the attempted murder of another person between the same dates. That person can not be identified for legal reasons.

Mr Baker asked for a short extension of the custody time limit, as they were due to expire on December 3. After Byrne's defence advocate Gurdeep Garcha QC confirmed he had no objection to an extension, the judge granted it to December 10.

The judge then asked Mr Baker which witnesses would be required to give live evidence, Mr Baker replying: "Only police witnesses will be required to give live evidence."

He added the other witnesses including "neighbours who came to her aid" would not be required to give their evidence live.

READ MORE: Worcester man admits manslaughter of 28-year-old Christina Rowe, but denies her murder

Mr Baker added if the trial goes to the planned timetable it is expected to last around four days.

The judge then told Byrne: "You will be produced to come to court on December 6 and your trial will take place then."

At the June hearing, where Byrne pleaded guilty to manslaughter, his family had appeared in the public gallery of Warwick Crown Court, but the gallery of Court 2 at Worcester Crown Court was empty for the latest hearing of the case.

Miss Rowe, who was 28, lived at Cheviot Close in Tolladine, and residents left flowers, candles and messages at a tree outside of mission house in Tolladine Road after her body was found in the River Severn in Worcester on February 11.