KFC has responded to the large fire at their restaurant in Evesham.

At approximately 3.12pm on Saturday, the KFC in Evesham, at Twyford services, caught fire, leaving black billowing smoke throughout the sky above.

Pictures and video footage captured by Kate Morrison and Gary Holland show the extent of the fire, with the black billowing smoke seen over the restaurant.

A spokesperson for KFC said: “The safety of our team members and guests is always our top priority.

"Emergency services attended our Eversham restaurant yesterday to put out a fire, and fortunately everyone was safely evacuated and nobody was hurt.

"We’ll be working with the authorities to look into what happened and to make sure we can safely reopen.”

READ MORE: Further checks to make sure blaze is extinguished

Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service were in attendance at the scene until 7.30pm.

After the fire, crews had to visit twice more for further inspections of the scene.

A spokesperson for Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: "We finally were able to leave the scene at 7.30pm, and the area was closed off for safety reasons.

"We re-visited the area at 9.30pm yesterday for our first check of the area, and then re-visited once again at approximately 1.30am.

"No casualties were reported at the scene."

READ MORE: KFC at Twyford services is currently on fire

Evesham police officers were also in attendance at the scene and shared a message on social media after a lot of concern from the public.

A spokesperson for West Mercia Police said: "We are aware of the large number of posts and concerns related to the fire at KFC, Evesham this afternoon.

"We have been in attendance to support the Fire Service, thankfully there are no injuries, everyone was evacuated and the fire was extinguished."

There were also pictures and videos shared by multiple social media users across Facebook and Twitter of the fire.

The Evesham KFC currently remains closed and a cause of the fire has not yet been shared.