A WOMAN from Worcester who threatened to dismember police officers and bit a shop security guard so hard her teeth fell out has appeared in court.

Anne Marie Hodgkiss admitted two counts of assault and two counts of theft when she appeared before magistrates.

Sallie Hewitt, prosecuting, said at the end of March this year, officers were called to a disturbance at Hodgkiss's home in Gresham Road, Dines Green at 5.15am.

When they arrived the 30-year-old was screaming and shouting and threatened to dismember the officers' bodies and cut them up.

While stood on a balcony, Hodgkiss pushed a female officer in the chest and demanded to be arrested.

On Monday, April 14, officers were called to a city petrol station where Hodgkiss had been seen acting strangely.

On arrival, they were told she had been involved in the theft of wine from Threshers wine shop.

"A customer had told the sales person that she had just seen the female put wine bottles under her coat and walk out.

"She was seen on CCTV," said Mrs Hewitt.

Five days later Hodgkiss entered Woolworths and stole a chocolate bar and was detained outside by a security officer.

"When he asked her to come back into the store she kicked the injured party before running off," said Mrs Hewitt, adding she had bit him hard enough for her teeth to fall out onto the floor.

In mitigation, Nick Roberts said Hodgkiss had only started re-offending when doctors took her off a mood stabilising drug.

He said she had problem with drugs and alcohol.

"She suffers from a bipolar disorder and from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder," he added.

Deputy District Judge Jim Astle said biting and kicking were serious offences, and pushing a person while on a balcony could have caused them to fall to their death.

"Some of the problem may be that you aren't getting the right medication.

"But some of it is also because of your conduct. You have been abusing drugs and alcohol," he said.

Hodgkiss was given an 18-month community order with a supervision requirement during that period.

She was also fined a total of £104.99.